Robin Gibb

In a Coma, Battling Pneumonia

4/14/2012 4:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bee Gees legend Robin Gibb
Bee Gees legend Robin Gibb is in a coma and his family has gathered by his bedside amid fears he only has days to live ... this according to a new report.

Gibb has been battling colon and liver cancer and is now suffering from pneumonia, says The Sun.

The paper says the 62-year-old's family has gathered for a bedside vigil.

A family friend told the paper, "If there is anyone you would put money on pulling through such a dire situation, it would be Robin because he is a fighter. But this is a battle he will struggle to win."

Gibb has been battling cancer since 2010 and had surgery to treat a twisted bowel -- the condition that killed his twin brother Maurice nine years ago.

NobodySpecial

He's been through a few scares recently and this is likely the big one.

Z

In 1977, while going through chemo, I sent a letter to the Bee Gees record lable,RSO, asking for a photo. My plan was to cover my wall with people who made me happy.
Within two weeks, I got that photo. Not so many others were so forthcoming so I have always had a soft spot and Robin was my favorite.
I am still kickin' and I wish there was something I could do in return for him.
Good vibes will have to do.
Come on, everybody...send some light.

Spencer B in MD

Ah Robin! I am sorry to read this - You put up such a strong fight! Always a class act - I will miss you. Peace be with you and your family - You have left a great legacy!

jlg

You are my favorite brothers gibb. I am honored that your precious melodies and voice have been a huge part of my life. Godspeed

jack

let the ****er die already-he was always so damn ugly let the world be rid of him-he was the chicken that came to soon out of the egg-god his face like was a disease in iteself

richard

Been a fan since I was a young guy, now at 71 and still a fan, my hart brakes for him, those that went before him, and those he will leave behind.

Bill f

Its always sad when greatness passes. The bees are truly a great talent. God bless.

Lady Juliette

So sorry to hear this. Such a great part of the entertainment industry. Prayers to Robin and the entire family.

RamHead

The only Beegees songs I like are the pre 1977 songs and I admire them for singing those songs during their live performances.
I don't know if Robin is going to make it this time, but hope he will. I wish him and his family all the best. And should he not make it, may he rest in peace.

Juan

I grew up listening to all of your music, may god have Mercy on your soul...we love you mr Gibb<3

Ron C

Sad...one of the great vocal groups of all time.

Juan

We are all praying for you Mr Gibbs, for @ fast recovery. May God have "Mercy on your soul...We love you... <3<3<3

patty

this is sad:( my heart goes out to his family

Barbara Coleman

Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family! Always loved the Bee Gees and part of my growing up. So very saddened to hear this. God Bless!

Susie

Please Lord give him another chance at life and bring him through this illness. Robin, great person all around with fans, his family, and humanity keep going strong love and feel the prayers for your recovery across all countries.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments