Kelsey Grammer

A Hip New Tattoo

4/15/2012 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer got a new right hip tattoo.
57-year-old Kelsey Grammer rolled into a tattoo parlor to get his first ink job done ... and chose to tattoo his wife's name on his right hip. Not the most manly spot, is it?

The "Boss" star hit up Insight Studios in Chicago yesterday with wife Kayte Grammer ... where, according to one local report, the girl behind the counter asked him for ID because she didn't recognize him. Do they not have "Frasier" re-runs in Chicago?

One of the shop's tattoo artists tweeted the pic of Kelsey in the chair as he was getting the work done.

The ink reportedly cost only $60, the cheapest the store offers.

Perhaps next time he should shell out a little more ... and pick a less feminine location.

Kelsey Grammer Kayte Tattoo

Heidi

Very cool!!!!! Love his acting & could care less about all the gossip on his personal life...... Kudos'!!!!

quezcotl

Let me clarify, i'm not for throwing your daughter away. I for ex have 2 daughters myself, and im 25-year-old. What I mean is, dump the kids at your parents house, thats what I do when I get fed up with my 2 angels.

Anyway, the most important thing in our life isnt the kids, its finding love. And thats what Kelsey been doing - and im happy he found it.

I always wanted to have sex with a flight attendant, im jealous of you Kelsey! I would almost dump my own wo... nvm I wouldnt, but I like the idea of it. cheating is wrong, but sex is love... and love can never be wrong, am I right guys?

JWolf

After 4 divorces you'd think he'd learn by now that doing something that permanent is not a good idea. At least it should be fairly easy to remove...

Lori

Tattooing your fourth wife's name on you... well nothing can go wrong now.

yessir

Ewwwwww he's disgusting.

just_sayin'

just cuz you tattoo her name on your hip (seriously??) doesn't mean this one's gonna last!!

bagladey

Phreaky: 3 hours ago

That's a girl spot! But then again, Camille *did* say he liked dressing in women's clothing...

LOL, it is a girl spot hahahaha. He's such a scandalous old fart and this just makes him look pathetic.

JimmyB

Hope he used disappearimg ink.

aquanet

Dude, come out of the your closet already. Its had a screen door on it for years. You aren't fooling anyone.

Gina

Gross, can't he just go away? This old fart is obviously going through a mid life thing,.

sean

With the divorce rate hovering at a mere 55%, permanent tattoos are always a smart and sensible idea.

esq777

The mid-life crisis is clearly in full swing. What a D-bag. He may want to book the appointment now for the laser surgery to remove the tattoo after the divorce.

mebrat24

This old coot that is going to be 75 years old when his kid turns 18. What a dumb f--- and a complete idiot. 75 years young ------------------ right. Maybe the kid can change his diaper.

Gigi

The characters he plays are very white collar, professional people. He can't get a tattoo any place that might be seen. And I think its sweet he that he tattooed her name there.

flmermaid

Kelsey's tatoo looks like its closer to the pubic bone rather than the hip bone. I guess Kayte's name near his weenie might help him from cheating on her.