Nicki Minaj's Dad

Gutted She Wanted to 'Kill' Him

4/15/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0413_nicki_minaj_tmz
Nicki Minaj
's father is completely torn up over the rapper's recent comments -- that she wanted to "kill" him when she was a child -- and now, he wants the world to know he's not some violent monster.

In case you missed her recent "Nightline" interview, Nicki went OFF on her dad Omar -- describing the guy as a drug addict and alcoholic who often threatened to kill her mother ... once even burning down their house.

Nicki said, "I wanted to kill [my dad]. I used to wish he was dead ... 'We were afraid for my mother's life because whenever he would have a real bad outburst he would threaten to kill her."

But family sources tell TMZ, Nicki's anecdotes are grossly exaggerated -- Omar admits he had anger issues when she was a child ... but insists it NEVER reached the point Nicki described in her interview.

Sources tell us, Omar never knew Nicki felt this way about him -- and he's absolutely crushed she decided to air her grievances in the media.

We're told her father still loves Nicki very much ... and always has.

nof

@ "We're told her father still loves Nicki very much ... and always has."

______________________________________________________

Ploy to gain sympathy:

"Here I love/loved Nicky her entire LIFE, and she's TURNED on me."

She hasn't turned on you, dude:

She's only let the world know what an azzhle you be.

Thanx for confirming everything she told NIGHTLINE.

nof

last of it from nof:

My own batterers bought the-Three-Stooges along and to defend their honor.

-Monogrammed hankies, etc.

Big public cry-fest.

It's to defend all-of-the-honor they insist they have.

"Pity me and for having-been-Outed."

nof

Hey Dad let's have a look at-your-rap-sheet.

Oh, ye forgot to bring it.

More coincidence/irony.

You left it in the cab.

nof

What kids-in-recovery-from-this discover:

And as adults.

That as bad as they thought their batterer(s)?

The batterer(s) is even worse than they thought.

Skilled-con-artists, usually ye forgot that part.

Incredible Nicky's become who-she's-become despite this.

-Great lesson in this for all kids.

"You CAN Get Past It."

minnietx

I have never heard of this person, but if she as bad as people are stating here I believe her father is all she says. People don't wake up one morning and decide to be mean, it is learned behavior, very sad she probably has childhood flash backs.

stopit5

her dad name isn't even omar it's robert he was on her E! Special he knew she felt like this cause he and her mother talked about it

Lena

I'm glad that she said it. Now it's out. I don't care for her music, her fashion taste or her attention getting antics; but this revelation shows us how/why she feels the need to be the center of attention and is so outlandish.

I grew up in a family chock full of drug addicts, junkies and drunks. I also wished that they were dead...many times...and almost all of them died too soon of their addictions.

A child growing up in a family with even JUST ONE drunk, junkie or addict, suffers greatly. "Will I be alone for hours on end tonight? Will Mom/Dad come home tonight? Will I wake up and find him/her dead? Will I get to eat tonight. Damn my feet hurt. The last time I told that crackhead I needed new shoes I got a beating. Will he/she spend my birthday money he/she is supposedly "holding" form on drugs? Will he/she embarrass me at school? Will he/she come to school to talk to my teachers/see me in a play/ show up to my graduation?"

It goes on and on and on and on and on and on And just when you think you're out of it, in the clear, grown and on your own, it starts again. Junkies/Drunks/Drug Addicts hijack every family holiday and **** on every bit of happiness in the their families' lives. Holidays are spent either wondering where they are, if they're using, if they are dead in a gutter, will they show up drunk, will they leave and kill themselves...or worse someone else because they are impaired, will they create a scene and ruin everyone's dinner, will they ruin everyone's holiday by not showing up and having everyone in a panic.

Oh yeah...I know where she is coming from. I understand her completely. I totally get it. It's sad but not AT ALL far fetched.

Good she said it. She should have said it. Now he knows. I'm torn about her revealing it to the whole world, because yes, given her "out there" persona it COULD be a grab for extra attention. But you know what....I'll be everything I have that he embarrassed the crap out of her publicly all her life so let him know PUBLICLY what a jerk he was. Let him deal with that. She can't get her childhood back. She can "unhear" the threats he made against her mother. Let that **** fester within him for a while because he damned for sure wasn't thinking of anyone but himself when he was drinking and drugging.

I'll be he made a few bucks telling his side of the story and if he didn't he will...and it probably won't go to any good.

tippy katz

she's still angry that he gave her that face

TheVolleyballGod

She is D list celebrity that aint anybody even knows wtf she is, so she comes up with this fabricated story to get her name in 2 bit media outlet channel on a slow media day

ofir eitan

In this photo i could swear that nicki's channeling Whitney Houston!

lander

dad's thoughs: should have wore a condom.

nORRis8

Madonna’s ‘MDNA’ Sets Record For Greatest Sales Drop For a No. 1-Debuting Album
;
People are tired of this crap music from these cows.

This person...whoever she is, Lady Caca, Madonna. Same crap different pile.

Jazzy

He didn't try to burn the house down, he DID burn the house down with her MOTHER IN IT. Of course she's going to feel that way. She does not want sympathy. When he treated her family like ****, yeah she wanted to kill him, but she forgave him and they have moved on, but she can't forget. She's only human. Nicki is FAR from a freak. She dresses "weird", but recently she has toned it down. She's been wearing normal wigs and dressing normal too. But if she wats to dress like a "freak" LET HER. It's her body. You should all listen to her song "Autobiography".

dee

Just like my Father refuses to admit that he beat us. DENIAL is a strong thing.

PARENTS- if you beat your kids and they try to tell you how bad it was, I suggest you listen. Maybe you buried it so deep and remember the positive, that it "wasn't as bad as you say it was". But we will always remember the abuse, and yes it WAS AS BAD AS WE SAY IT WAS.
Don't be shocked when we open up about our abusive pasts, be shocked that YOU have done such MONSTROUS things. Typical abuser in denial... "it's exaggerated". How nice abusers can abuse you as you grow up, then as an adult you try to move past it by discussing the truth, yet you are the one being questioned and your abusers can deny it.

I'm not a fan of Nicki but she now is continuing the cycle by being with her abusive boyfriend. She needs help.

As Christina Aguilera said- "BRUISES FADE FATHER BUT THE PAIN REMAINS THE SAME"

Jannie

This is SO easy to sort out: Did he REALLY burn down their house? There must be records of that. If so, he is a delusive bastard and deserves every bit of her disdain and hate. If not, then SHE is a mental casket case and should be put away forever. In any case, I'm SO over her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments