Nicki Minaj's Dad

Gutted She Wanted to 'Kill' Him

4/15/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0413_nicki_minaj_tmz
Nicki Minaj
's father is completely torn up over the rapper's recent comments -- that she wanted to "kill" him when she was a child -- and now, he wants the world to know he's not some violent monster.

In case you missed her recent "Nightline" interview, Nicki went OFF on her dad Omar -- describing the guy as a drug addict and alcoholic who often threatened to kill her mother ... once even burning down their house.

Nicki said, "I wanted to kill [my dad]. I used to wish he was dead ... 'We were afraid for my mother's life because whenever he would have a real bad outburst he would threaten to kill her."

But family sources tell TMZ, Nicki's anecdotes are grossly exaggerated -- Omar admits he had anger issues when she was a child ... but insists it NEVER reached the point Nicki described in her interview.

Sources tell us, Omar never knew Nicki felt this way about him -- and he's absolutely crushed she decided to air her grievances in the media.

We're told her father still loves Nicki very much ... and always has.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Dannyboy

If my daughter was as talentless and as ugly as Nicki, I probably would've been an alcoholic too!

KELLY

It's amazing to me that adults fail to realize that they need to lead by example. How you behave & interact with your partner in front of childern effect them, whether you want to believe it or not.

KnuckleDragger

She looks like a black bozo the clown.

O_o

ya know, growing up in a similarly volatile situation, where i too wanted to kill my stepfather, i can totally understand where nicki's coming from. it is a shame that her father has no sense of self-awareness and that he can't come to terms witht he damage that he has done. my stepfather was exactly the same. men who are so abusive, as to create such anymosity, generally have no awareness of the affect that they have on their children. its a real shame. i do believe that nicki's father loved and does love her. but, the damage is done. you can't bury it, and you can't go back and fix it...no matter how hard you try.

campy

I have no idea who she is, don't care. Is there any other way of doing your hair that says, "Hey everyone look at me!" Attention ho.

Billy Bob

This is the new thing. Come up with some BS sob story to get sympathy. I call BS.

TheTruthHurts

Where do you get you "information" TMZ????? First of all her Father's name is NOT "Omar" and that Picture of her as a baby with the "Mother and Father" is FAKE!!! STOP creating false information!!!!!!

Minaj4Me

I hate to tell you this but her dad's name is ROBERT MARAJ... Try again TMZ

shania

f

Faye

She has every right to speak her mind; she's an adult and this has been on her mind for along time; that was no way for her father to have treated her mother and the family knew this was going on and did nothing as some typical families do; sweep it under the rug. let her ven.t

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6