'The Doors' Guitarist

Loves Her Madly

Drops $45K Surprise On Wife

4/15/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Doors guitarist Robby Krieger
After 40 years of marriage, Doors guitarist Robby Krieger still knows how to light her fire -- dropping $45,000 on a brand new Mercedes SUV for his wife ... and TMZ has a pic of the new whip.

Sources tell TMZ, the former rock star rolled up to a Benz dealership in Long Beach, CA last Monday -- eyeing up a snazzy ML 350 SUV for his wife.

But wife shopping is hard -- and once Robby called to consult his better half ... we're told she shot him down, asking for the slightly smaller GLK 350 instead (see sample comparison below).

0412_mercedes_benz_mbusaWe're told Krieger didn't bat an eye -- and immediately catered to his wife's wishes, wiring over $45K to the dealer in exchange for a fully-loaded silver 2012 GLK 350.

And that's how you stay married.

Ozzie X

That's an ugly SUV.

Keith

OMG! You mean the wife of whats his name chose the GLK over the ML? How can this be?

Ace

The Benz are starting to look an awful like the BMW X-3 and 5.

Ty

What a stupid faked out picture. GLK is a lot smaller. TMZ does it again.

Truth

45k???? That's nothing if you have the dough.I remember the 450 SL convertible back in the day cost $50k. That was the pimped out car and everyone in H'town had one. So $45k today is like a deflation when the average costs mid 20's anyway. #Truth

Gretel

It gets her to the same place at about the same speed as my two year old car gets me. I get that it's all about status but I really see no point in putting that much money into a vehicle.

remy

krieger was the only good songwriter in the band. all the best doors songs were written by him

Truth

DEPRECIATION SUCKS ON CARS. THAT'S WHY YOU NEVER BUY AN EXPENSIVE VEHICLE UNLESS YOU PLAN ON KISSING THAT MONEY GOOD BYE. ANOTHER REASON WHY CELEBS END UP BROKE WHEN THEIR CAREERS ARE OVER. STATUS SYMBOLS LAST 2 SECONDS IN THE REAL WORLD - AND SO DOES THE MONEY SPENT. #TRUTH!!

NobodySpecial

Rich people spending $45k on a car is not news, heck, regular people can do that too. It must be a really slow weekend over at the TMZ office.

Sherri

Breaking News! You guys have lost it. BTW Robin Gibb of the Bee Gee's is in a coma, and this is your news?

mebrat24

If your not advertising the ho Kim, or American Idiot now you have to start advertising CARS. You got to be kidding me, you are as disgusting as KLan members. Any thing for a buck- That's what Kris and Harvey must think. GAG

mebrat24

Just call it KMZ (Kim and family) mile zone. Do or say any thing for a buck.

barb

I have the ML350, I love it. Mine must have more options as it was more expensive.

afjioeqjioe

This is boring. Why is this news! Spouses purchase cars for each other all the time. It happens in my family from time to time. A more interesting story would be if he purchased it for a someone who was not a wife, such as girlfriend.

nyc44th

The fact that a man bought his wife a car is er, news? I guess you feel since it's Robby you are TRYING to make it sound like news. This is pitiful. I'm sure Robby feels the same . . leave the guy alone.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments