Johnny Depp Sued

Over Alleged Concert Attack --

Your Thugs Ripped My Pants Off

4/16/2012 4:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0416_johnny_depp_getty
Johnny Depp is being sued by a 52-year-old disabled woman who says she was roughed up and humiliated by the actor's bodyguards during a concert back in December ... claiming Depp's hired muscle beat her up and tore her pants off.

According to the lawsuit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, the woman -- who identifies herself as Jane Doe -- claims she was trying to get to her seat in the V.I.P. area of an Iggy Pop concert when Depp's goons went berserk.

In her suit, Doe -- who claims she's a professor of medicine at UC Irvine -- claims for no reason, Depp's team grabbed her from behind and bear-hugged her, while restraining both of her wrists.

Doe claims the bodyguards went after her cell phone -- which contained highly sensitive confidential medical information about her patients -- and ripped it from her hand "one finger at a time."

Doe claims a member of Depp's squad eventually put her in handcuffs -- and then dragged her on the ground, causing her pants to be removed from her body, "exposing her buttocks to  the other Hollywood Palladium Theater patrons.

Doe claims she suffered severe injuries in the incident -- including a dislocated left elbow, bleeding, swelling, bruising and possibly broken bones.

The woman also claims the incident caused more damage to her pre-existing spondyloarthritis and fibromyalgia -- which affects her joints and back.

Doe is suing for unspecified damages.

TMZ broke the story ... the woman had filed a report with the L.A.P.D. immediately following the incident ... and identified herself as Robin Eckert. Law enforcement sources tell us Eckert appeared intoxicated at the time she made the report.

We're told the case is still under investigation -- but law enforcement sources tell us the alleged victim has been less than cooperative.

Shannon

What I don't get it why Johnny is the one being sued. He didn't touch the girl, it was his body guard! If she was being drunk and disorderly, she has no right to be sueing someone who was protecting someone else! Y'all are going off tap saying how he shouldn't have been there if he had all those guards, or, I hope he coughs up millions, and **** like that, coz in all honesty, if it were YOU in that situation, I'm sure you'd all feel that it was in defense! So if anyone is gonna be sued, it should be HER for acting drunk and disorderly or the body guards that "assulted" her, NOT Johnny! It's just because he makes money doing something he LOVES and gives other joy and pleasure, doesn't mean he did anything wrong! So if all you're going to do is sit at your keyboard and hate on someone who did nothing but wanna have a good time, get a life!

Kim

Well this is another case of regurgitated wrong information AGAIN... Why you papz rags can't get stories straight..

BB not bb

This is partly why you cna't enjoy concerts any more. You have drunken and on crack senior citizens carrying on like freaks like the whole show is about their good time. They get in other people's way until they are the sole center of attention and ruining it for people just trying to relax and enjoy themselves.

There was no need to beat up this old lady, but really, I have found some of these old white haired, hard of hearing people with canes to be a real pain in the butt when they show up for like a heavy metal act. I think they are really there as sabotuers. They don't seem very chill and they are annoying as hell.

She might have been fighting back in her feeble way and giving them a hard time, causing her major damage to be instigated. I wish the security at these events would just handle things like this, maybe asking them to calm down or leave, instead of leaving it up to the audience to fight it out while they stare down the performers.

The idea of a concert is you are supposed to relax and get along with people, like at a party. Some people are just there to take over. They ruin it for everyone.

deanne

Ummm...just going by what you state in the article, sounds like she has an Excellent case.

BB not bb

This lady could have been tripping out on DMT or acid or mushrooms aside from being drunk. I don't see how they would be selling that much alcohol to an old lady who was already drunk at a concert. I thought alcohol made old people sleepy besides. She could have been psycho on some drugs, maybe even PCP or whatever.

Do you think she just stepped aside when they asked her to? I doubt it. I bet she threw a big fit, so they threw her to the ground and roughed her up. Does she have medical expenses? Anyway starting fights with private security doesn't sound like a good idea for someone in her physical condition. If she was already dying of arthritis and fibromialgia, how was she dancing all around late at night anyway?

For her pants to come off while handcuffed on the ground, she must have been wriggling around pretty hard. I don't think they just pulled them down to look at her old butt.

BB not bb

Was she just trying to get to her seat, or was she boogying so hard towards her seat that she almost clocked Depp in the head with an elbow or a hip or something? Did the guards tell her to watch out, and maybe she didn't hear them, and then they grabbed her from behind and she started flailing around like a wildcat, so they threw her on the ground and cuffed her, and as she tried to wriggle away they pulled her and her pants came down?

This is what I am picturing happened. There must be other witnesses there though. I don't know how you could ignore all of that going on. Why are Depp and whoever she was there with both keeping quiet about this? Maybe both sides were a little wrong here.

JFO

Who puts "sensitive medical information about her patients" on a cell phone, which if lost, could compromise hundreds of her alleged patients??? This is ludicrous!! And how do you treat patients when you yourself are so physically compromised??? She was taking pictures with her cell phone, which she probably knew you were not allowed to do. Were the body guards out of line, yes, it sounds like they were but I highly doubt they "ripped her pants off." That's just plain unbelievable.

Lady Juliette

Me thinks she wanted her 15 minutes of fame. Lawsuit happy :)

Lexie

Well the dirty little Pirate has got dirty people working for him. He has no right to allow his people to touch ANYONE! Who does this old looser think he is? I doubt if Bad Pitt would do this. The boozer thinks he's above the law..

lk

I believe it. I've had crap like this happen to me with cops literally for no reason at all. I don't want to believe it but I do.

rachel

First..PEOPLE..THIS IS SO UNBELIEVABLE,SECOND..HER STORY HAS CHANGED AND THE ORIGINAL DIDN'T MAKE SENSE EITHER!And Johnny Depp DIDN'T TOUCH THAT WOMAN..!!This woman WANTS MONEY ,and she said that the bodyguards RIPPED HER PANTS OFF?! fOR WHAT?..COME ON,who is gonna belive this if she SAID SOMETHING DIFFERENT THE LAST TIME??THIS'S RIDICULOUS!

Just_Me

Me thinks this story isn't what it appears to be: This woman was intoxicated and even the police says she was intoxicated while filing this report...Google her..Robin A. Eckert, M.D., ABFM, :

KarmaGeddon

I call complete bull****. I've been an RN for over 10 years now, and I know (as well as my State Board) that you can not, in any way, shape or form, take home information about patients. Doctors are not able to do this either. It's illegal and any practitioner knows they'd lose their license and land their ass in the slammer for it. Also, if this woman is "disabled", how the f* does she have patients anyway?!

KarmaGeddon

Again, and because I can't find my original comment, I call BS on the whole thing. I've been an RN for over 10 years now, and I know as well as my State Board, that you absolutely canNOT take home ANY personal information about a patient. Ever. Neither can doctors. And if this woman was "disabled", how does she evn have "patients"?!

Nyd

Uhm, doesn't this fat bitch know that liberal celebrities are more important than her, and can do whatever they want to little cogs like her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments