Simon Cowell

I Bought My Ex a Mansion

Because I Was a Bad Fiance

4/16/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0416_simon_mezghan_01
Simon Cowell is telling friends ... his engagement to Mezhgan Hussainy was a "big mistake" ... but she left the relationship with one fabulous parting gift ... an $8 MILLION MANSION.

The details surrounding the breakup are unclear ... but according to TheSun.com, Cowell has admitted, "I'm a hopeless boyfriend."

The two got engaged back in 2010 after meeting on the set of "American Idol."

Sources close to Cowell tell us he feels Mezhgan "deserves" the home for putting up with all of the publicity and scrutiny that comes with dating the "X Factor" honcho.

We're told the two are still on good terms ... probably because it's hard to hold a grudge when you're living in an 8 MILLION DOLLAR MANSION!

Cowell has a history of showering his exes in riches following a breakup ... his former flame Terri Seymour reportedly walked away with a $5 million mansion and millions in cash when they split back in 2008.

Telma

Why don't you show a picture of that dump!!!
Then you will understand why he gave it to her.

Kat

I hope that she has a good job as well as there is taxes, the electrical/water, pool cleaning, landscaping, security and whatever else. I personally would sell it and take the money..

fishy

No, you bought her a house so she wouldn't tell anyone you're a closet homosexual. It's really sad that people still feel the need to lie about their sexuality

rose

The very day he started dating this woman, he started losing his virtues, he does not have those god like features anymore, and things arnt turning to gold. Men she evengot that after few years. Sorry, but its written you she messed up the previous relationship, and he turns around and does it to her too. She has bad vibes

phil

These people make way too much $$ if you ask me.

anonymouse

He bought her off to keep her quiet about his sexual piccadillos. He likes it kinky.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3