Tupac

Rises from the Dead

... Performs at Coachella [Video]

4/16/2012 6:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
Tupac came back to life this weekend ... as a hologram ... and it was frickin' AMAZING!!!.

Pac was resurrected for the Coachella music festival in California ... and "performed" a couple of his greatest hits ... including "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted" with Snoop Dogg.

We're told the crowd went INSANE ... especially when 2pac first appeared to the crowd ... rising up from the ground until he was standing on the stage.

The movements were remarkably lifelike ... grabbing his crotch and pointing his mic to the crowd like the good ole days.

At the end of his performance, a light shines on Pac ... and he dissipates into thin air.

Pretty insane ... especially for the "partiers" in the crowd ... who didn't realize it was a hologram.

bubblezzz

Now that's whats up!

I luv u RPattz!

Now to bring back Jim Morrison and The Doors.....Freddie Mercury and Queen....Kurt Cobain and Nirvana

Bloomcounty.USA

Admittedly, that was awesome ...

jack-55d79

It looks way better moving than the screen-shots. The still images not so impressive. The music industry must be rubbing its hands together with the future profits this could bring. Imagine - ten years from now, when it's not quite as distasteful, a concert with MJ himself reconstructed digitally singing his own recorded live songs. A very realistic, interactive, playback of the past. Or Elvis or Nirvana. That sort of stuff is undoubtedly on the cards now. Also, William Gibson was way ahead of his time re virtual pop stars in Idoru and before. Brings 'work for hire' clauses to a whole new level.

Blkwdw

I'm not the most hardcore fan of Tupac. However, growing up, I heard his music a lot and honestly, I did like a few songs. Just having that little experience with his music brought me to tears seeing this video. It's like seeing a ghost. Definitely creepy but in a "wow" type of way.

For those hollering that he's just a thug or whatever, shut up. Don't judge a book by its cover. If you listened to the lyrics and knew what he was all about, it went a lot deeper than you think. Poet for sure. Intelligent as f*ck. I was impressed at how fkn smart this dude is/was. For those screamin "he's a thug", your ignorance shines a mile away. Ignorance is bliss. Those who show ignorance, will never go far in life. For real...

superbadnerves1

THAT S*** WAS TIGHT AS HELL STILL THE BEST THERE IS. YALL KNOW IM BUMPING MY PAC LOUD AS HELL NOW F***MY NEIGHBORS!

superbadnerves1

F*** I see how white people feel about elvis tears in my eyes drink in my hand and I'm going to party all day and it's only 1:30 muthafu**as.

Straight Talkin Texan

That's pretty cool. However, I never did like Tupac and I still don't. He's still talking crap and acting like a fool.

Mork12

Just wait till they perfect this technology and the Devil brings back Jesus Christ to lead the lemmings into a deep abyss....

Donnie

Wow that was amazing! Very cool! I hope they do stuff like this more often in the future.

RedPill

give it a ****ing break will ya 2pac is resting in peace leave em alone god damn it

renae

That. Was. Awesome! Wow! Ain't technology something?

sav

Where the f*** is the Nate Dogg Vid?? I'm used to Tupac being dead... I miss Nate!!

Laurin

that was the coolest thing ever. weird

Rachel