Simon Cowell

I Want Britney on 'X Factor' ... BAD!

4/17/2012 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0_d8q5lanm_0_ow8xl7uu
Simon Cowell has finally admitted ... he's GUNNING HARD to get Britney Spears as a judge on the next season of "X Factor."

Cowell just called in to "TMZ Live" ... and told us, "I would love to have her on the show ... I think she would be a fascinating person to sit next to."

Simon said he couldn't reveal too much about the negotiations ... but did seem optimistic and hinted that he would have an answer from Britney's camp within the week.

Stay tuned ...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

wooosh

I like how the top clown wannabe comments all say things from the perspective of the negative tabloid era. Get over it. What any artist on the show is worth to the show is based on their sales, popularity and talent. She's sold more than taylor swift, rhianna, bieber, beyonce and gaga for several reasons. She also currently sells as much as gaga. She obviously knows something about how to sing, entertain, and how to be sexy. Sounds easy, but good luck finding a lot of artists that are wanted in peoples collections that much. And NO, perfect technical voices are not everything if people think the artist is a dud. As for the synching charge, she has that because she's a major dancer and it got fashionable to say that. So anyone who hates Britney, says that because it's fun. She does synch, but she's about the same as most artists out there in that regard. Hey, even the American Idol and XFactor contestants have been shown to ALL lip synch at times. She also happens to have a really good voice when she uses it. It's her particular sound that people crave, and then buy her records. She also sounds unique. So yeah, I'd say she figured out her own image and it's highly successful. She also has guts that 99% of contestants do not have. That said, Cowell knows why he wants here there and no amount of negative comments will fool anyone. Again, look at her sales, her popularity. A lot of people think she's awesome.

wooosh

I like how the top clown wannabe comments all say things from the perspective of the negative tabloid era. Get over it. What any artist on the show is worth to the show is based on their sales, popularity and talent. She's sold more than taylor swift, rhianna, bieber, beyonce and gaga for several reasons. She obviously knows something about how to sing, entertain, and how to be sexy. Sounds easy, but good luck finding a lot of artists that are wanted in peoples collections that much. And NO, perfect technical voices are not everything if people think the artist is a dud. As for the synching charge, she has that because it got fashionable to say that. So anyone who hates Britney, says that because it's fun. She does synch, but she's about the same as most artists out there in that regard. She also happens to have a really good voice when she uses it. It's her particular sound that people crave, and then buy her records. No amount of studio FX are going to make an unwanted girl become wanted. She also sounds unique. So yeah, I'd say she figured out her own image and it's highly successful. She also has guts that 99% of contestants do not have as she comes out like a winner every time. That said, Cowell knows why he wants here there and no amount of negative comments will fool anyone. Again, look at her sales, her popularity. A lot of people think she's awesome.

wooosh

I like how the top clown wannabe comments say things from the perspective of the negative tabloid era. Get over it. What any artist on the show is worth to the show is based on their sales, popularity and talent. She's sold more than taylor swift, rhianna, bieber, beyonce and gaga for several reasons. She also currently sells roughly as much as gaga. She obviously knows something about how to sing and entertain. Sounds easy, but good luck finding a lot of artists that are as wanted and in peoples collections that much. And NO, perfect technical voices are not everything if people think the artist is a dud. As for the synching charge, she has that because she's a major dancer and it got fashionable to say that. So anyone who hates Britney, says that because it's fun. She does synch, but she's about the same as most artists out there in that regard. Hey, even the American Idol and XFactor contestants have been shown to ALL lip synch at times. She also happens to have a really good voice when she uses it. It's her particular, unique sound that people crave, and then buy her records. So yeah, I'd say she figured out her own image and it's highly successful.

She also has guts that 99% of contestants do not have. That said, Cowell knows why he wants here there and no amount of negative comments will fool anyone. Again, look at her sales, her popularity. A lot of people think she's awesome. As for thumbs down I will get, I don't care, because I'm saying what I think is the truth instead of going with the crowd. And sometimes that doesn't go over so well, but I could give an owls behind. :-)

wooosh

OK, I'M SORRY ABOUT DUPLICATE COMMENTS, BUT I AM NOT DOING IT. Their system is.

radio77

My view is she can not be a judge for the SAME reason people think steve jobs is a technology guru, judge judy is a judge etc. That reason is most people ARE STUPID, uninformed, judgmental, catty, mean, selfish and desperate. It's pretty obvious that if she's had a 14 year career, has sold over 100 million records, is worth more than 100 million dollars that she knows more than the average dumb, but pretty blonde. Otherwise we could take any 16 year old high school girl who was pretty, let her lip synch, and she too would be rich and famous. The real answer is most people are STUPID, and have no idea what it takes to be successful in that business. I'm going to say it again for the people who want to thumb me down to. YOU ARE STUPID!!!! Get used to it!

Theo