'The Bachelor'

African Americans Will Sue --

We're Not Wanted

4/17/2012 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0417_the_bachelor_bachelorette_lawsuit_exd_
"The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" are about to get a thorny rose -- in the form of a lawsuit.

We're told the 2 plaintiffs -- both African Americans -- went to a Nashville hotel to audition for the role of bachelor. Christopher Johnson -- an aspiring NFL player -- claims when he arrived a producer asked him what he was doing there.

Johnson and the other plaintiff, Nathaniel Claybrooks, both say they were taken to the side of the room and left out of the normal audition process. Neither was called back, and they believe it's because of their race.

They will be filing a class action lawsuit in federal court Wednesday AM. We're told ABC, Warner Horizon Television, Next Entertainment, NZK Productions and creator Mike Fleiss, will all be sued.

0417_bachelor_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

Lynn

I wouldn't sue if I was them. Why would anybody want to be on a show who only allows a certain race. Let them keep their show. I never even saw one episode of it anyway. Karma will return to them it always does.

lexington marlow

Damn right they should sue! Why are they being excluded? Their fore father also built this country right ? White people are so racist !

Shelley

About Time! Black people fall in love too.

michelle

so white people should sue for not having any white people in the naacp or not offering scholar ships to whites in the united negro fund and so on.. plz black people are the most raciest and segregated of all with their BET channel and affirmative action and having things handed to them just cause they are black and dont let me get started with OJ simpson and by the way im black.

larabrownj

the people that comment on TMZ are racist AF. anyways that show doesn't allow black people everyone has noticed that after like 20 season lmao. thats some BS so I say SUE SUE SUE!!

tam

I'm pretty sure there's racism in casting this show.. I mean duh, why would America watch a black bachelor when most of the people here are white and the most accepted race by none whites is also white...
On the other hand the producers are completely retarded because the least they could do was let them audition and then dismiss them when they obviously decide to choose a white bachelor.

GOI

My people... please get over these insignificant slights. If they don't want African people on their tv programs, they have a right to exclude us. The solution... create your own shows and exclude them. Real Simple!

Angel

What's crazy is people get sooo angry and claim the "race card" is too often pulled. The reality is, these two guys were probably right. Based off most of these ignorant comments, it's apparent discrimation DOES exist. I agree with a previous comment stating that the show would probably tank if they did have a black guy as a bachelor. The thing I HATE is when people pretend as if it's NOT the case. Were they discrimating? Yeah they probably were. Should a lawsuit ensue? Nope, this crappy show's not worth it.

Nathalia

But why hasn't the bachelor or bachelorette have any other culture on their show?? If race was not an isuse we would have seen an ethnic bachelor already. They don't even choose women of colour to be in the running to marry the bachelor. It's a stupid show to begin with, however, it doesn't remove the question why have they not choosen a person of colour to be the bachelor.

Chrys

I bet none of you will say it to my face or theirs. MY My My, what racist cowards hide behind computers. You need to thank god for your protection.

idiotroaster

All of this sarcasm has nothing to do with the case. No one is addressing the issue that most likely is true. Pple are just making imaginary comments about being discriminated against. "I can't collect stamps because I'm not on crack... !" bla! bla! bla! That's how you see all African Americans ... People who want special privileges for being lazy and on drugs? You all suck and are way out of date. All races have lazy, drugged out welfare recipients. Most of you would never say that to your so called black friends but you hide behind the keyboard and go ham! As far as suing, I think there is another race of ppl who sue for fun. Give you a hint... they study law immensely! "I'm a Lawyer!" This TV show and Site reeks of prejudice cowards. Anything for a laugh at the expense of others! P.S. F U!

grod1960

emily called herself a HOOD RAT tonight omg wikipediahood rat (plural hood rats)
(slang) Someone who has sex with everyone in the "hood" or neighbourhood; the term is linked to the culture of the American ghettos and to hip-hop culture. A hood rat is an often poor woman who engages in sexual activity like a prostitute, but without charge and without being coerced.Let's get a couple of hood rats over for the party tonight

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18