Tom Petty & Heartbreakers

Cops Recover Stolen Guitars

4/17/2012 1:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0417_tom_petty_getty_ex
A collection of five vintage guitars belonging to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers -- worth untold thousands -- has been recovered by law enforcement ... after they were stolen last week.

The Culver City PD tells us, one man has been arrested in connection with the theft. The instruments have yet to be returned to the band.

The guitars -- a 1967 12-string Rickenbacker, a Gibson SG TV Junior, a Fender Broadcaster, a 1967 Epiphone Sheridan, and a blue Dusenberg -- were swiped from a Culver City soundstage in L.A. where Petty had been rehearsing.

0417_stolen_guitars_subTom took to Twitter after the theft to help recover the missing guitars -- offering a $7,500 reward ... no questions asked.

Tom's people had no comment.

update_bar
3:15 PM PT: A rep for Culver Studios -- where the guitars were stolen -- tells TMZ, the suspect who was arrested did not work for the studio, but for an independent contractor. The rep adds, "We feel a real sense of responsibility for everything that happens on our lot and we have conveyed our profound apologies to Mr. Petty for the distress this incident has caused him.”

Howie Hubberman

I feel great Helping Tom Get His guitars back ! True reward, It's the great music that Tom Petty delivers for 30 years ! Howie Hubberman.and I Helped !! Heck I think I sold him the Rickenbacker 360... 12 in 1980 !!

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Gee what a generous reward Tom!! Not. I have a Vintage Les Paul worth 10 g's myself. Yours, or those guitars were probably worth 10 a piece before they found out who's they were... so 7 g's to kick back 100G's worth of guitars. Typical cheap Obama elitist liberal. ;) lol

Ace Steele

Congratulations to Tom Petty & Mike Campbell for getting their guitars back, & shouts out to Howie Hubberman for helping get them returned!

As a matter of record, the P.O.S. who stole them? His name is DARYL WASHINGTON. Hope he's in jail for a LONNNG time.

INSIDER H8TURD, V.P.

Was it Lindsay Lohan? I bet it was. Fvck it. Off with her head.

Scot

Glad to hear you got your guitars back. Stealing someone's musical instrument is like stealing part of someone's soul. I never got my Haagstrom Bass back. still miss it.

Tony

Get it right. It's an Epiphone Sheraton, not Sheridan. Sheesh

whizzkid

The "SG" is not a TV model. TV was yellow so that it would look good on black and white TV

Pete Cosenza

Hang the bastards or at least flogg them

Pete Cosenza

.....hope the perp rots in hell

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3