'Bachelor' Racism Lawsuit

Producers Encourage

White Power Mentality

4/18/2012 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0417_bachelor_bachelorette
The producers of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" are responsible for encouraging racism across the country by refusing to cast black people in the shows' central roles -- this according to a new class action lawsuit.

Christopher Johnson and Nathaniel Claybrooks filed the lawsuit today in Tennessee federal court against the shows' producers -- claiming they both auditioned for "The Bachelor" in Nashville in August 2011 ... but were brazenly denied based solely on the color of their skin.

0417_nathan_chris_bachelor
Christopher and Nathaniel claim producers were afraid to cast them for fear of alienating "the show's majority-white viewership."

As a result, the guys claim producers are teaching the public how to be racist -- by demonstrating preferences for white relationships over non-white and interracial relationships.

They might have a point too ... because the show has never once cast a person of color -- black, Asian, Latino, whatever -- in the central role as Bachelor or Bachelorette.

"Bachelor" creator Michael Fleiss has even acknowledged the problem -- stating long before the lawsuit was filed ... "We always want to cast for ethnic diversity. It's just that for whatever reason, they don't come forward. I wish they would."

Chris and Nathaniel are now demanding a change in "Bachelor" policy -- requiring producers to "consider persons of color as finalists for the role of the Bachelor and the Bachelorette."

Oh yeah, they also want money -- an unspecified amount of punitive damages.

ME

Blacks should stick to what they are good at you know...Crime, prison welfare, making babies, not working, complaining,rap music,glorifying the thug way of life, and being the biggest racist of all races.STATS DONT LIE!!!! look them up!

Real Life

This show is for white people, stop complaining start your own show, blacks always trying to get in on something that's already started. They can cast whatever race they want to cast. The show would probably end up like basketball wives showing a bunch of ignorance and embarassing our race anyway. Get it together.

kRushPrUf

You people can't have a W.E.T. because it sounds obscene. Instead you have CMT...YeeWooo!!!!Boot Skootin!!!

iwin

Black people are racist as hell..I want to start NAAWP so i can exclude a person based on race, try voting a white guy President of NAACP and see what happens...I am suing the NAACP Now go gt a job you Fing loser

Jax

I've never seen an episode of the bachelor and I don't plan too...however, I did ask a few of my friends of both races if they watch. Not a single black woman that I asked even knew what the show was, and most of the white girls watched... I don't care who is on the show, but I think the producers kinda need to aim at their audience

Jessica

I am so sick of it being a crime to be white and proud of it.All you hear is crying about racism against blacks what about the racism against white people?If a white man beats up or kills a black person it's all over the news but change the role let a gang of blacks kill beat rape and terrorize white people and you don't hear a word about it.White people need to take pride in the heritage they have and not lower themselves into being in realtionships with a different color and having half breed babies it's disgusting!!!!Stay true to your race be proud!!!It isn't a crime to be white....YET!!!!

SJH

LOL, who care if blacks arent on this show. There is nothing but a bunch of skinny ass flat ass white girls on this show. On top of that, spoiled, privileged white boys who know nothing about the REAL world. Let them keep it that way. The show is boring and lacks creativity because there are no people of color. If thats what there audience likes hey, let them have that.

Reya

I don't watch the shows but I thought they had to be rich, big deal type bachelor? These guys can't even express themselves in proper sentences. The first guy said he was "articulate" but couldn't even pronounce the word and continued with poor grammar to the end of his rant. I am ALL for getting those shows to put people of ALL colors on but they should still pick people who are extraordinary instead of the same crap the regular folks have to choose from.

jay

Theres black mayors...congressmen...senators...judges and even a president. So please...enough bitching and whining about how blacks dont get their fair share. Heres a novel idea...mabey if people spent half the time EARNING their goals that they spend on finding excuses for failing...theyde get what they wanted.

RackNStack

I've already watched "Flavor of Love" on VH1. No interest in watching an all black Bachelor show, only if they allow the female contestants to fight. Then I'll watch.

WhiteDude

Asia for Asians, Africa for Africans, White countries for everyone????????

Everybody
says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will
be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY
into White countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are more
crowded than Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve
this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote
assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution
to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY White
countries to "assimilate," i.e., intermarry, with all those non-Whites.

What
if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be
solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into
EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would
it take anyone to realize I'm not talking about a RACE problem. I am
talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn't object to this?

But
if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide
against my race, the White race, Liberals and respectable conservatives
will just say that I'm a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-White.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.

WhiteDude

Asia for Asians, Africa for Africans, White countries for everyone????????

Everybody
says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will
be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY
into White countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are more
crowded than Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve
this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote
assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution
to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY White
countries to "assimilate," i.e., intermarry, with all those non-Whites.

What
if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be
solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into
EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would
it take anyone to realize I'm not talking about a RACE problem. I am
talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

But
if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide
against my race, the White race, Liberals and respectable conservatives
will just say that I'm a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-White.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.

jrd

Why do people of color want to look as foolish as the white people that appear on those programs?

michelle

I really think that the damn show can have who the hell they want to have on there....simply because it's their show! As a black person myself, we need to stop acting like everything is about race, grow the hell up!, and another thing what about BET man that aint good enough....let's just move on already from this oppresion state of mind a called it a day. All these dudes wanted ibviously was a 15 minutes of fame as well as an excuse to get a whole lot of money. Shame on yall.

jessica

Why does everything have to be about race? Those two aren't even good-looking. The only reason people watch the show is for the beautiful cast and all the drama that follows. Who here would watch the show if Nathaniel or Christopher was the bachelor? Its about the ratings.

If you're going to pull the race card, what about TV networks that ONLY feature blacks? I feel that African-Americans are everywhere, the real minorities of this country are Asians. You don't see them complaining about not being on a stupid show.