Mel Gibson

Grilled About Jewish Director

After 'C**ksucker' Rant Leaks

4/18/2012 8:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0419_mel_gibson_question_video
Just hours after Mel Gibson's latest expletive-riddled tirade was leaked onto the Internet, the actor was brazenly asked about his relationship with the Jewish director on his new film "Get the Gringo" -- and it was really, really awkward ...

It all went down moments ago at a Q&A session in Texas for Mel's movie -- the director, Adrian Grunberg, was wearing a Star of David necklace ... prompting the host to ask, "Did you [and Mel] have any trouble working together?"

Everyone laughed nervously at the question -- and Mel replied uncomfortably, "No."

Grunberg explained that he was indeed Jewish, but he's worked with Mel for years without a problem. Grunberg then joked, "I hate [Mel's] guts."

It's worth noting -- the third writer on the project (in addition to Grunberg and Gibson) is also Jewish.

The host quickly changed topics ...

Chris

Who cares?? Mel is entitled to his freedom of expression, whilest his views maybe harsh and mean, its still his right to say what he damn well pleases. So what if he has anger issues and is an anti-semite. He is still an American citizen with the same rights as everyone else.

Larry

If someone ever secretly recorded me trying to get to Hollywood from Brentwood at 4:45pm on a Friday my rant would make Mel's sound like that cute little african american actress from the police academy movies.

Al

I was sitting in the front row no more than 10 feet from Mel and the interview was not heated what so ever. Mel was fantastic last night. Although, I would have liked to see one of his famous outburst. At the end of the Q&A Mel was very polite when I asked him to sign my Blu-ray cover.

THE BEAVER

14. stu: 17 hours ago

Mel & Alec Baldwin need therapy & lots of meds!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good thing you are no doctor, you would be like those quacks that thimk everyone needs meds and lots of it.

Jane

Mel should sue the pants off that guy. it's no secret he has angry problems. People should just brush it off and have fun with it! I know I have... (Mel stole my fish) http://bitly.com/JReCWS hahaha

michaelM

Why the hell do u bring your 15 year old son to a business meeting??? Something smells fishy to me. I think the're both idiots. But especially esztsrhaus. Recod someone ranting while you're staying at their house and upload It? Real classy dude. Real classy.

igotfleasfromtmz

I read the script and it was not a script. It was a menu of the dirtiest Fish in the Sea. It offered no hour devour , no wine and was pure bull baIIs. The scribble was that of Cheeky monkey trained to type by getting bananas.

Saif

This is definitely funny! I am really astonished to get the news. Anyway best of luck for them. Now, for your help I think this video goo.gl/BQH4G will really make you feel grateful!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4