President Obama

Dick Clark Changed Television

... FOREVER

4/18/2012 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0417-barack_obama_dick_clark_getty
President Barack Obama has released a statement on the passing of Dick Clark ... praising the entertainment mogul as an innovator who "reshaped the television landscape forever."

"With `American Bandstand,' he introduced decades' worth of viewers to the music of our time," Obama said.

He added, "[Clark] reshaped the television landscape forever as a creative and innovative producer and, of course, for 40 years, we welcomed him into our homes to ring in the New Year."

"But more important than his groundbreaking achievements was the way he made us feel -- as young and vibrant and optimistic as he was."

"As we say a final `so long' to Dick Clark, America's oldest teenager, our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends -- which number far more than he knew."

Ball`s has no Ball`s

No more Obama after 2012!!!!!2013 with no OBUMMER!YES WE CAN.

blondie

r.i.p. dick clark. you were a part of my life as a tween and a teen. thank you for the memories.

superchicken

I'll feel a lot more younger and optimistic once President Romney takes over.

The Neko Nation

Dick Clark could be my son.

Barack Obama

LittleBIt

Number 9 - I like what u have to say! Nobody gives a rats a** what that freakin' muslim Obama has to say. You are outta here Barack - come election time - YOU ARE GONE! This country made a HUGE mistake electing this man into the Presidency. Well, it's going to be over real soon. I still cant believe he has not been impeached or even better, shot.

Don

Does Obama have to comment on everything? How about gas prices and the economy?

King of TMZ

Why didn't you say that about Michael Jackson you jackassident

King of TMZ

Obama likes this guy's first name :D (it would be censored if I write it) lol no wonder

parlayer

Not being White Is he qualified to talk about white people??

Jamie

OMG people who gives a freak if you like him as a President or not.Or if he did or didn't write the speach himself. The whole point is that he is speaking on behalf of the White house about a legend that brought together all ages, religions, music lovers, entertainment lovers, golden globe watchers, game show players and so many other things. One thing I can say is no matter what political party anyone belongs to or which person you think would be the best in The White House this icon brought everyone together and everyone loved Dick Clark.

Bridget

And if Obama hadn't said anything about it, that would have ticked off the Obama haters too.

The man could say the sky is blue and haters would find something wrong with it.

Buy the way Obama has nothing to do with gas prices. What do you think he was sitting in the oval office and thought to himself "I want to make my re-election more challanging, I know I'll raise gas prices"

And what do some of you mean "he should do his job" exactly how long do you think it took him to say this? If McCain was president right now, he would have said something about it too.

OBAMA 2012!!!!

Jamie

#26 did you really have to make a comment about race. I think there has been enough articles and comments posted in the past 24 hrs that have to do with race. Give the Clark family some respect. Clark never made race an issue on his show so you didn't even need to go there with your comment even if you were trying to be funny.

Smarg

I could care less what the half-Kenyan reparationist has to say...

myopinion

That's right President Obama...2012

RIP Dick Clark

Josh

Obama, shut the hell up and fix the mess you got us into

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments