BCBG Chairman

Sued for $220 Million

Over Playboy Condoms

4/19/2012 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0419_max_azria_playboy_condom
The Chairman of BCBG has been accused in a lawsuit of being a "narcissistic braggart," a liar and a cheat, and it's all over a business venture to get Walmart to hock Playboy condoms.

According to the suit, obtained by TMZ, BCBG Chairman Max Azria (above) made a deal with a dude named Jimmy Esebag, who had deep ties with Playboy, to market condoms.

Esebag claims in his lawsuit Azria blatantly lied to him by saying he could move any mountain he wanted to make the venture work.  The lawsuit claims Azria said, "I have a relationship with everybody.  I am Max Azria.  People are happy to have lunch with me.  Anybody in America.  Even the President of America ... I can sell anything to everybody."

But the suit claims what Azria COULDN'T deliver on his promise to get the condoms on Walmart shelves, partly because some BCBG's clothing lines allegedly contained dangerous levels of lead ... so the suit claims Walmart was gun-shy about doing business with him.

Esebag also says Azria misrepresented BCBG's financial health ... by failing to disclose 42 tax liens and the fact that the company had a junk credit rating and more than 100 lawsuits.  Oh, and the suit also claims Playboy wouldn't give Azria the right to sell the rubbers.

The suit, filed by attorney Bryan Freedman,  alleges various forms of fraud, but the most entertaining part of the lawsuit alleges statements made by Azria.

-- " I am the owner of this company.  Only God and me.  We have to talk."
-- " I want to tell you $2,000 is the tip that I give to restaurants..."
-- "The money is nothing.  If he need a million dollars, I give him a million dollars."

Apparently the deal fell through, and now Esebag wants $220 million -- what he claims he could have made if Azria was honest.

BTW, Azria filed a similar lawsuit 3 years ago, claiming he was the victim.

0808_a_playboy_bunnies_footer

Bec215

BCBG pretends to be a high-end operation, but their sale and return policies are so shady that even their customer service reps are apologetic about them... I ordered a pair of boots on sale, and when they arrived the invoice said I could not return them for exchange or refund - which was nowhere on their website. It took a month for a manager to get back to me, and she emailed me but did not call me. Ridiculous in this day and age. I will never buy from them again.

Fapenstein

Typical, I used to work for this place and hes just like that in the office too...his limo sat on bricks in front of the building because he felt people should give him tires rather than him buy them because hes Max Azria...

Joseph Levy

This is B/S Max Azria is the sweetest guy I ever met.he is a very honest BUSINESS MAN always come true with is promess
.I worked with him for 15 years and what I say are fact ...

keepinitrealincali

Is that a little jizz at the corner of his mouth?

yoyuyy

These types of clothing can easily research, but very elegant and with the right accent, so that any woman to put out nice, but at a higher loan-to-power study group for women with a belt, including 20-30 inches.This is needed to buy BCBG Dresses was not represented in the clothing and the government generally women are divided into four types of physical activity in the first rotation in the real apple pie inside a form or body. This kind of women have big knives, big busts, and even added fat orbcbgmaxazria weight, usually observed in the abdominal cavity. The second set will be instead of or in the form right through the body frame.

yoyuyy