'Lean On Me' Star

Sentenced to 30 Days in Jail

After 200-Pound Weed Bust

4/19/2012 12:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Jermaine Hopkins
"Lean on Me" star Jermaine Hopkins won't have to wait several years to take his family to Disney World again -- because the actor was only sentenced to 30 days in jail ... after allegedly trying to buy 200 POUNDS of weed from an undercover cop.

Jermaine was sentenced to time served Tuesday -- after spending 30 days in jail following his initial arrest -- so he walked home free the same day. He was also sentenced to 3 years probation.

Jermaine struck a plea deal with prosecutors to reduce his sentence -- pleading guilty to marijuana possession for sale. A charge of illegal control of enterprise (organized crime) was dropped. Jermaine had previously faced up to five years in prison.

Jermaine tells us, "I am so glad to put this legal battle behind me so that I can begin moving forward with re-establishing my acting career."

As we previously reported, Jermaine was arrested in an Arizona sting operation last December -- after allegedly buying 200 pounds of pot from an undercover cop. Officials claim they found an additional 100 pounds of weed in Jermaine's car.

My Big Salami

200 pounds of weed is nothing!...Just ask Willie Nelson and Snoop Dog they'll tell ya!

brent

what charges does the cop face for drug dealing?

itsnoise

I don't do drugs. I just smoke weed. Decriminalize it!!!

who dat

A whole 30 days. Why even bother.

ron

I smell cheese! 300lbs does not equal 30 days.. HES A RAT!!!!

3Storms

30 days for 200 pounds is a joke and slap on the wrist. It's like the government isn't even trying to win the war on drugs.

Anonymous

I am all for making it legal in the first place, but boy, did this guy have a GREAT lawyer. In my state, that would be at least 20 years, and I am not kidding.

Harvanater

Can anyone say snitch??? 200 pounds of mary J? and gets 30 days...he flipped on someone guaranteed!!!! most anyone else many years in prison.

TMP

He got the same treatment most "celebrities" get... but he's a snitch? Really? Is it right.. no. But's it's no different. He's just not AS famous as some of the others.

Flying Blind

Wow, he must have used a “hologram” of Johnny Cochran.

KicksandGiggles

200 pounds of weed? Cheez, who was coming to lunch? Snoop Dog? Paris Hilton? Miley Cyrus? Me?

Break_Beatz

my ***** Dupree from the Wayans Bros

Mike

Lol...u guys are funny, calling him a snitch, rat etc. Look, anyone faced with 5 years in prison would snitch.....I know I would. What are you trying to protect? Someone that doesn't give a crap about you? Yeah, stay "keeping it real" and rot in jail. 30 days is a lot better than 5 years, and at the end of the day, your main objective should be to preserve yourself. So if the police would let you off, to tell them the source of your product, roll with it. It's all business, you owe no one nothing, besides paying cash for whatever they supply you! They would KILL u in a second if u come up short...so don't feel like u are more gangster for rotting in jail for people that don't give a crap about u. No, u are just stupid and spineless. Even hardened mob bosses, know when it's time to go for self. Protect thy self, and don't be stupid!!!

countmacula