Fired 'Top Model' Judge

Good Luck Replacing Me

4/20/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0420_nigel_barker
Freshly-fired "America's Next Top Model" judge Nigel Barker tells TMZ, the show's in for a rude awakening now that he's been canned ... because his shoes will be INCREDIBLY difficult to fill.

Nigel tells us, "Good luck to whoever [replaces me]. I would imagine it's a tricky thing to replace someone who's going on their 19th season."

As for why Nigel believes he got the boot -- he tells us, the network is bent on completely revamping the show ... after record low ratings the last two seasons.

But he adds, "Who knows if this is going to work? I don't necessarily think it's a good idea ... Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't. I wish them luck."

Tyra Banks announced this morning ... the CW would not be renewing Nigel's contract for the show's next season. Two other famed "Top Model" personalities -- Jay Manuel and J. Alexander -- were also fired.

0420_top_model_winners_now_footer

Throwback kid

They should replace this turd with Cory Feldman, just because Corey Haim died doesn't mean America forgot the Feld dog. This could be Feldman's biggest part since 1985's Stand By Me. His marriage failed and his career has been in the toilet since 1990, but this can bring back Feldman in a big way,Feldman Rules!

Anya

Always enjoyed the shows more when Nigel or Jay were on. Those guys are top notch for sure (and candy to my eyes!) The show has changed lately.... lost some credibility. With these cuts it's a goner. If we're lucky though we'll be seeing these guys again before too long with their own shows.

Tee

this **** has been on for 19 seasons? really?

ar

It's Tyra that makes the show suck. The only reason I think she keeps doing the show, is because it gives her ample opportunity to suddenly bust out a smize or a pose, for no apparent reason. I think she believes she won't look like a crazy person, busting out said moves on a "modelling" show, but she does, lol.

Kim -L.A. West

Nigel & the 2 Jays have been excellent & much enjoyed on Top Model. Tyra's FB blowing up with angry comments. She & CW have made huge mistake & longtime ANTM watchers aew not amused.

Dreamer

Wow, the only reason why I watched the show is gone now. I think Tyra and that one fat judge should be fired...... Tyra has to act like the entire show is about her with WAY too much commentator talking.

JW

Talk about an act of desperation!! Just put the show down, euthanize it, say good-bye. They let the most important person off the list: CAN TYRA.

genngal

I hope they yank ur show off the air Tyra...u have made so many poor choices concerning the show including this latest stunt...u wouldn't know talent if it hit ya in the face!

stephvig

WHY would you fire those guys!!! Nigel is one reason I watch the show!!! Very easy on the eyes!!! And Jay and Miss Jay made me laugh. I may just have to stop watching because of this!!!! I think this will be the final downfall of the show!!!

Name:

It's probably due to their inability to produce America's next top model after 18 seasons.

SouthernGal820

Oh my gosh, Miss Jay and Jay Manuel gone?!! No need to watch anymore because they were the best part of the show.

Meggie24

"Good luck replacing me"? My my someone's full of themselves. Newsflash for you Nigel: EVERYONE is replaceable and once you're off the show, no one will remember who you are. Get over yourself.

AngieN

The one that needs to go is Tyra Banks. The show is all about HER at this point. Everything is based on her stupid nonsense that she makes up - her book, her so called recording career, her stupid expressions (booty tooch - give me a break!) This has been the worst, most boring season ever.

KicksandGiggles

Bad move. I have watched from day 1. They need to vamp the judges panel with hot celeb guest judges even opening a chair for a fan. These guys made the show and should be supported and not eliminated. I probably will stop watching.

The next thing they HAVE to get rid of is elimination time when the girls have to stand in front of Tyra standing on the platform and gaze up at her as if she is Jesus Christ. It is laughable.

nicaw

I watched the show and enjoyed it for a number of seasons. Revamping the show by getting rid of 3 people who brought a lot to it is the wrong move. If the ratings have fallen, the best thing to do is ask the public why. Don't assume getting rid of Nigel, Mr. Jay and Ms. J is the way to go. Actually, I think they will lose even more by doing this.

Cancel the show. Ultimately, this will be its fate anyway.