Fired 'Top Model' Judge

Good Luck Replacing Me

4/20/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0420_nigel_barker
Freshly-fired "America's Next Top Model" judge Nigel Barker tells TMZ, the show's in for a rude awakening now that he's been canned ... because his shoes will be INCREDIBLY difficult to fill.

Nigel tells us, "Good luck to whoever [replaces me]. I would imagine it's a tricky thing to replace someone who's going on their 19th season."

As for why Nigel believes he got the boot -- he tells us, the network is bent on completely revamping the show ... after record low ratings the last two seasons.

But he adds, "Who knows if this is going to work? I don't necessarily think it's a good idea ... Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't. I wish them luck."

Tyra Banks announced this morning ... the CW would not be renewing Nigel's contract for the show's next season. Two other famed "Top Model" personalities -- Jay Manuel and J. Alexander -- were also fired.

0420_top_model_winners_now_footer

Wtf

"Good luck replacing me" NEWSFLASH Nigel, you're not the only fashion photographer on the planet... I've seen better!

Ann

He was the only normal one on the show. I finally quit watching when the girls were made to do the booty tooch last week. The show is over and the main problem is Tyra and like others have said a bunch of girls that should not be on the show. The name of the show should be Americas Next NOT Top Model. Good luck Nigel, you are better off and one of the only judges I like anymore even though I did like Jay and Miss J.

tracy

They were the three only good things about that show. Tyra...
you may think you're so smart with your Harvard degree and all, but this was a stupid move. As a matter of fact, the only time I changed the channel or surfed was when you were on.

E

This doesn't sound like the network; this sounds like Tyra's monumental ego strikes again (She fired Paulina Porizkova and Twiggy, who were both very valuable contributing judges, despite my former impressions of them prior to the show).

Nigel Barker was a great judge; and Jay Manuel and Miss J Alexander were fantastic, as well.

E

Tyra's craziness worked initially, but she's gone too far off the deep end lately.

Sloane

fans of the hsow are abandonig it because it's a farce
in 18 years, not one winner has become a household name- let alone a "top model"
the only thing that is "topped" is Tyra's bank account
these 3 that have been fired were esseential to the show- very distinct characters that added to the credibility and color of the show
without them Tyra is mostly just the host
Tyra is JUMPING THE SHARK for all of you who are old enough to know that reference
time to let it go
waste of air time

E

Hate to break it to them, but if they want the show to succeed, the one they have to get rid of is the one that holds the contracts, Miss CrazyThing herself. Her craziness worked initially, but she's gone too far off the deep end lately.

RaineeDrops

Tyra is the problem. Her ego and just how she acts is immature and over-done.

Over it.

RaineeDrops

Nigel, Jay and Ms. J were the only ones that made that show. Tyra firing them, is only going to lose viewers.

Tyra, YOU are the one who is the problem why no one wants to watch anymore. You are annoying.

Duke Steele

OH NO! Who can replace him??? Without him the show is nothing. NOTHING I tell you. How can anyone else be a judge on that show? After all, he was so wonderful as a judge that replacing him will be a monumental task. The void needs to be filled with another self righteous actor/a*****e. Where will they find another in of all places, Hollywood? WHERE?

PM2901

What would get Tyra's goat is if Nigel and the two Jay's did their own reality show together! The two Jays are talented characters, and Nigel is talented and HOT, HOT, HOT!!! All of the women I know love all three of those guys. Can you imagine how good their show would be WITHOUT that TYRAnt?!!!! They would no longer have to answer to her and say YES, YES, YES to her egomaniacal a*ss!!

Michelle

Ummmm....I think Tyra is the reason for the low ratings! So sick of her!!!! Bring back Miss Jay, Jay and Nigel. Pot Ledom SUCKS!!!!

Bellem

It has absolutely nothing to do with Nigel. He is probably the only reason why I even consider watching the show from time to time. The show has gone completely in the wrong direction. It is not about fashion anymore. It is about drama and Tyra. She is so full of herself. The challenges are boring and has no fashion sense in them. How can girls do music videos before they can even do photoshoots? Is it really necessary? Not gonna watch the show.

parlayer

Hell buddy, I can tell a hot bitch when I see one!! you ain't the only guy that can tell the diff. between a dog and a babe!!

PM2901

#58 - so then why did you take time out of your life to comment on Nigel and the show?