Fired 'Top Model' Judge

Good Luck Replacing Me

4/20/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0420_nigel_barker
Freshly-fired "America's Next Top Model" judge Nigel Barker tells TMZ, the show's in for a rude awakening now that he's been canned ... because his shoes will be INCREDIBLY difficult to fill.

Nigel tells us, "Good luck to whoever [replaces me]. I would imagine it's a tricky thing to replace someone who's going on their 19th season."

As for why Nigel believes he got the boot -- he tells us, the network is bent on completely revamping the show ... after record low ratings the last two seasons.

But he adds, "Who knows if this is going to work? I don't necessarily think it's a good idea ... Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't. I wish them luck."

Tyra Banks announced this morning ... the CW would not be renewing Nigel's contract for the show's next season. Two other famed "Top Model" personalities -- Jay Manuel and J. Alexander -- were also fired.

0420_top_model_winners_now_footer

j

ANTM should go to a random city/town and all of the contestants have to be a resident of that county nad / or no more than two counties away. Period.

It would be more fun to know that the rivalry would be more personal and maybe even familiar.

Do the scouting at the Top Scottsdale Resorts. Show the beutiful desert and mountains and homes. Highlite famous residents and local commercial opportunities.

Have the contestants be proven to be from those counties.

Not from all over the country.

Make it city specific and really get local news and media involved.

It would be cat fights galore as girls may know each other and their past.

Make it more TMZ/The Dirty dot com/ANTM.

Bring in local celebrites to be rotating weekly commentators like IDOL.

Really change it up from the now really boring show.

That would be fun and it would cause a lot of local drama and local TMZ like stories to come out about each contestant.

Every city /town would vye for the chance to be the host city.

All filming done in that town and nearby hotspots.

Scottsdale Arizona (Maricopa County) would be a great start.

The Dirty dot com has Scottsdale as one of its top cities.

Just go down that list.

A lot of the girls who would try out would be the Scottsdale crowd and a lot of gossip would be available.

sage

Well I won't watch after this season!

Karla

Tyra is the problem

Yep I said that

Tyra Banks should fire herself she's no better than the guys she fired

Joy

Those three were possibly the only saving graces of that show. Honestly, I stopped watching a long time ago because I absolutely had reached my TYRA limit. That woman needs to deflate her head and come back down to reality. Maybe if they ditched her crazy ass and kept the others, the show might have a chance.

Annie

I started watching when the re-reruns appeared on Oxygen, and Nigel, Jay and Miss J were the only people I enjoyed watching, forget the models, one big catfight for the most part.. This show had its run, move on Tyra!!

Jayne

the only one on the show worth watching ... get rid of Tyra and you might have a chance !!!!

Deanna

Oh HECK NO. All three were my favorite! I love this show but now I am not so sure how this is going to work out...

Asessina

I thought that show died Years ago. I dont even know why tyra tries so hard when its just so sad then and i guess now. she is just me me me.

FDC

Dear CW....this is a very DUMB move! When you think of ANTM...you not only think of Tyra....but you also think of Nigel, Mr. J and MS. J. They are as much part of the ANTM as she is! Tyra....please don't do a Michael Jordon move....get out NOW while you still have your dignity!

PM2901

Whoever is in charge (other than Tyra) should've kept all 3 boys and replaced MoFo (Tyra) with Naomi Campbell! Naomi would be great as the diva running the show. Naomi could hire back Janice. Those two chicks would bring back watercooler talk on Mondays! Stick a fork in Tyra. . .she's done.

nztyraider

Nztyraider
Going going going............gone. I hear they're even replace Banks. They'll call it America's Next Nobody/

Ernest De Brew

If Tyra can really find good and maybe well known people for replacement, then the show may last longer. If she doesn't, then she might as well cancel the show.

stephanie

cant beeeelive it, Nigel is fantastic . my pvr sets to record, but believe me.. i dont watch for Tyra.. the whole dynamic needs to be there. badd ****ikng move

MuskaHater

I guess he fails to realise everyone is replaceable