'Basketball Wives' Producers

Jennifer Williams' Suit Is a

HUGE Slap in Our Face

4/22/2012 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0422_jennifer_williams_bb_wives
Jennifer Williams
' "face-slap" lawsuit is the giant shovel digging her reality TV grave ... TMZ has learned ... 'cause we're told "Basketball Wives" producers are PISSED!

Sources close to production tell TMZ ... Williams was already on thin ice with the show -- even before her slaptastic showdown with Nia Crooks -- but now that she has filed a lawsuit ... that ice is breaking FAST.

We're told producers think the suit is BS ... claiming Jennifer never had a problem with fighting before and insist this is a desperate publicity stunt to keep her storyline interesting -- securing her a place in season 5.

But a source tells us the stunt is not working, adding, "Filing broad lawsuits when you are as much to blame for the drama, is not the way to get your contract extended."

Ouch ... now that's gotta sting.

Tie

I think Jen did the right thang by filing against her because ole girl didn't have NO RIGHT TO PUT HER HANDS ON Jen...... She deserve the lawsuits, hit someone else and you see how far those legal paper follow your azz!JAIL TIME OR PROBATION!

lisa

WHERE WAS ALL OF THIS WHEN MEEKA FILED THAT LAWSUIT AGAINST TAMI? ALL OF THESE PEOPLE DEFENDING JEN WERE ALL OVER THAT MESS CALLING MEEKA ALL KINDS OF NAMES. JENNIFER DESERVES AN ACADEMY AWARD BECAUSE SHE HAS THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE FALLING FOR THIS HOLIER THAN THOU ACT. SHE IS A USER PLAIN AND SIMPLE...

LMO

It's about time this show be held responsible for the FIGHTING that they condone. They should be held liable for creating, filming and allowing this drama to take place without proper security to prevent such physical situations to occur. All they care about is ratings so take them to court and make SLAP them with a lawsuit. Hmph!

Ashley

WOW...really their trying to get mad @ Jennifer because the ghetto came to the dog fight. First of all why is this chic and everybody else on the show who continues to make Jennifer the topic of their everyday lives so worried about who Jennifer is friends with. Nia lil girl (bc that's what your acting like) please get over the fact that a grown woman doesn't want to b your friend anymore and using that bull**** excuse of you wanting your key back,girl please! Evelyn you show the worst example of being a grown woman with a daughter. You are to pretty of a woman to let your attitude make you so ugly. And mind you your taking up for Nia bc she slapped Jennifer and then Jennifer talked about her ass but you use to do the same thing with Royce (talk about how she was a bum and how she dressed cheap) darling u contradicting yourself. It was ok for you to do it right...bish please! Tami I use to like your character but you just be on the Evelyn band wagon. What kills me is that everybody acts like they don't have an opinion,to shaunie and tami if Evelyn is really your friend then y'all should let her know she is wrong and too grown to b acting like a child. I love the entertainment but Evelyn you goes too far and these fake ass friendships just kill me...Jennifer I love ur character and I say keep doing you and letting the haters hate,u don't fight so handle they ass how you want...if shaunie mad bc u suing Nia oh well she shows on the show that she isn't ur true friend anyways! If she was she wouldn't talk about u every time Evelyn wanna bring your name up in her everyday life. Y'all really need to grow up!!!

KamriG

I think its stupid for her to file a lawsuit when she basically asked her to slap saying "I wish you would." She wished it she got it. She knew she couldn't fight so why insist on getting slapped?? I don't like her anyway.

DCNatural

How dare VH1 producers complain about a lawsuit? They expose black women on the show, they encourage the drama and fighting and now they're mad at Jennifer for filing a lawsuit? This show should be cancelled cause its an embarassment to not only black women, but ALL women! These hoes do nothing but eat, shop, gossip and then eat, shop and gossip all over again. And I do agree with you that Shaunie, Evelyn and Tammi are the worse. They are petty and bored. They worry too much about what everyone thinks of them. Who cares! All of them are stupid as hell.

kayma

i'm sick of shaunie and her show it's all bs after last week i was done the grown ass women need grow the **** up

gloria

I mean, i'm not a person to instigate anything; HOWEVER, I sure know how to defend myself which would no. 1 include - when someone heads your way, after telling them "do it", there ain't no way they would have been the one left standing. She should have started taking her shoes off when the girl 1st got up. i'm so through w/Jennifer...

huguette

All those bitches have children at home and it seems that is ok to bully someone and be granted for that. Shame on those black women. If they want fight, they can go in Africa. There are more fighters there.

V

Just because you are n a reality show and you argue a lot does NOT GIVE SOMEONE THE RIGHT TO HIT YOU. Period.

Becky

Everybody need to see this. It is funny and seems true. Ms. Deena Jacobs got the rant down to a science. She got images and everything like she is researching a crime. This is great. I felt compelled to share. The world needs to know this chick. GDam she is funny.

Title: Jennifer Sues, Shaunie Rules, Nia Slaps, Evelyn Snaps - Deena Jacobs Rants

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Nl3egBysY

LO769

Greeeeet job Jen. Get her AZZZ. She had no business there anyway. She is only Evelyn's assistant. She could have confronted Jen before THEY left for the tracks. I think Evelyn was afraid to fight her own battles. Evelyn looked like a dam fool jumping across the table. A grown a women??? Maybe Evelyn can pay the judgement for instigating the whole thing.

gellis

The producers are not worried about Jennifer because she is not their money maker, Evelyn on the other hand is. They're trying to make it seem like it was Jennifers fault but if you're not a fighter you're not a fighter. Why get your ads beat when you know you can't fight
I think she handled it well because she seems to always be the one who gets a slap in her face, a drink thrown at her etc. If I was in her shoes I'd hit them where it hurts the most..pockets. These women are too grown to be acting like they have no self control, I am a Evelyn fan but she needs to stop making Latinas look like we have no class.

Kelgirl

Eventhough I don't care for Jen, I'm agree with the lawsuit. Why was Nia there? She just wants to be in the "circle". Jen should of beat her @s and Evelyn too. That show shouldn't be named Baskeball Wives, it should be titled Low Class Women. This show has gotten out of hand and if Jen is written off the show, so what????... The show needs to written off!!!

Shawn J

I think that regardless of the fact that the physical altercations on the show are raising the ratings, they should tell the other females in the show to stop being so quick to resort to violence. I think that Nia, Evelyn and Tammi should be responsible for their actions on the show. Can anyone say......"Battery charge?"