Jennifer Hudson

Murder Trial Starts Today

Jennifer Front & Center [UPDATE]

4/23/2012 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0423_jennifer_hudson_sad_murder_trial

update_bar

10:45 AM PDT -- Jennifer has taken the stand and will testify in the case.

0314_divider_graphic

The man accused of murdering Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother and nephew goes on trial today, and Jennifer just showed up.

William Balfour stands accused of the slaughter, and prosecutors believe the trigger for the carnage was a balloon gift for Julia Hudson, Balfour's ex and Jennifer's sister.  Prosecutors say Balfour thought the gift was from Julia's new boyfriend and it sent him into a blind rage.

Opening statements are set for today. Hudson is on the witness list but it's unclear if she'll testify.

Gretel

I follow the Weight Watchers plan too because if I don't watch what I eat I will get fat in like an hour and a half. I don't mean to be mean or anything like that, but Jennifer has those odd lines around her mouth that bulimics have. I like her ... except when she's screaming instead of singing ... but she's pretty, seems like a genuinely nice person, and went through a gut wrenching tragedy. I'm just wondering if she doesn't do a bit of bulimia.

Bridget

I've personally never been a fan, but I don't know how anyone can think anything but...that poor family, how horrific this must be. I do not envy them having to relive this at trial.

I can't imagine what this is like...hope to god I never find out. Stay strong Hudsons.

MeowIntrons

Losing my faith in humanity seeing these nasty hateful comments.
How dare you all? How would you feel being in her shoes?
It's hard enough just losing a loved one to natural causes, let alone having both your parents pass away a long time before their time, because of some psychotic jealous man.
It makes me furious. It makes me think twice before dating an idiot again.

This woman has gone through a huge tragedy. I can't believe people can be so souless to make jokes.
I'm sure the pain will fuel her to do her best and get far, like she already has. Many artists learn to channel their pain into beautiful music and success.
RIP the Hudsons.
Justice will be here soon.

Nicole

How dare you people who are making jokes. NOTHING is funny about two people and a child being murdered. It does not matter if you are a fan of hers or not. It is not the time or place to make jokes.

WhoCares

I feel the deepest sympathy for her. She succeeded in life in spite of her humble beginnings. We are all judged by what we do with our lives, not how we were brought in to it.

Marie

Some commentors here sadden me with their lack of feelings for others. A woman has lost her family through a tragic event, yet others find time to hurl insults? Perhaps if some of your own mothers, brothers and family were lost you would be as quick to snarl and belittle them? Get some humanity, people!

Marie

You people can't possibly be this heartless, though you clearly are quite mean. A woman lost her family; and you sling insults and arrows. Perhaps if it were your mother, brother or nephew, you would not mind others reacting in such a cruel manner? Please, hold onto your humanity!

kim

Keep singing Jennifer, your voice is GREAT, YOU LOOK GOOD AND RIP TO YOUR FAMILY AND YOU HAVE MY UTMOST SYMPATHY KEEP IT UP AND DONT EVER STOP SINGING.. LOVE YOU!

Jamie

I don't understand how half of you are making such stupid heartless comments. I'm not a fan of her movies and I didn't watch her on idol, but in the end she is human and we all cry the same tears and we all bleed the same blood. Just because youe weren't and fan or don't like her for a reason doesn't mean at the end of the day you can't say a prayer for her, her mom, nephew or just the family. No matter what you have done with your life you would want help and support from all around you even if you didn't know them. After what happened to her family she could have run away and hidden from the spot loss, but she knows she can bring a new face to violence. So before one more of you make one more "joke" jsut to see how many people you can piss off or or see how many like or dislikes you can get then there is something wronf with you. I ust lost an 8 year old family member last night and it would break my heart to her bad comments made about anyone.

Mazor

So lemme guess. This William Balfour dude must be white, right?

jes_sayin

To whom ever wrote this article... instead of the word "trigger" why didn't you write "motive"? The way it reads now is just confusing and a morbid play on words.

shewentwhoa

I hope this s***bag gets life in prison.

charley

I do feel sorry for what happened to her famil.......STILL CANT STAND THE BICTH AND HER DIVA ANTICS, MUCH BETTER SINGERS OUT THERE THEN THIS IDOL CAST OFF!

KicksandGiggles

I commend TMZ for taking down the earlier foul and inhumane comments some have made. The comments were mean and beyond foul and I hope each one of those people get some serious help - Mazor, Susancoyote, to name a few. Mazor is happily strange while Susancoyote is plain evil.

Muppet

My heart breaks for her. Having to relive this nightmare will be a horrible ordeal. I pray her and her family get through this.
I cannot believe some of the insensitive comments made toward her and her family. People, I really hope nothing like this ever happens in your family!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments