Jennifer Hudson

Breaks Down On Stand

In Murder Trial

4/23/2012 11:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0423_jennifer_hudson_testify_trial_murder
Jennifer Hudson dissolved into tears as she testified at the trial of William Balfour -- the man accused of murdering her mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.

Hudson broke down when the prosecutor asked her about the last time she saw her family.  She said her last visit was just days before the slaughter.

Hudson broke down again when the prosecutor handed her a photo of her mom.

Most relevant to the case ... Hudson told jurors no one in her family wanted her sister to date William Balfour, the man accused of the triple murder.  She said she always tried to keep her distance from Balfour.

Hudson says she never , EVER liked Balfour ... saying, "not even in grammar school."

Jennifer told the court she tried to keep her distance from William whenever she thought he would be around ... saying, "Where he was, I tried not to be. So if I saw him, I separated myself."

Sincerity

I wouldn't wish what happened to Ms. Hudson's family members on my "worst" enemy. However, under the cir***stances, I pray they arrested and charged the "GUILTY" party. William Balfour's relationship with her family may have not been the best but a "thorough" investigation should have been made to rule out "ANY" other suspects besides him. The most "obvious" person isn't always the "GUILTY" party. LET JUSTICE BE SERVED!!!

bring back recent posts

...this woman has a lot too be proud of and she is one strong person!...I am sure her child and husband will help get her thru this terrible time...her mom would be very proud of her courage and strength!

parlayer

Tough spot to be in, find out what your made of!!

Sunset

People don't "dissolve into tears". I can't even began to express how idiotic that sounds.

tucker

Poor woman. She's been so strong through all this. I truly admire her. Most people would have curled up in a ball after such an enormous tragedy, I know I would have. I wish Jennifer MUCH success and happiness.

Mary

Stay strong Jennifer, such a sad story.

Whocares

@Doug shut the **** up! Zimmerman is guilty just as Balfour is.

Millie

@Jack - she begged her mother to move. But her mother wouldn't.

palermo

I can't even imagine how horrendous it would be to lose almost all of your family at one time like this. I hope they fry this guy.

Sandra

So sad she has to revisit the murder of her family!! Jennifer is strong and will get support from friends and peers!!

Rusty Nail

So she is blaming her sister for having married this guy?

Deelight

Jennifer, So sorry you have to re-live this terrible nightmare. My prayers are with you in your time of pain..<3

Lori Reinert

Jennifer, I AM SO SUPPORTIVE OF YOU, and I am NOT PLEASED with TMZ for broadcasting your sorrow! My Barely 18 year old nephew (who was more like my SON) was Murdered 01-31-2010...I had to endure his Murder Trial in February, 2011, and the Sentencing Hearing in March, 2011!! (I WAS HONORED TO BE ABLE TO GIVE A VICTIMS IMPACT STATMENT AT THE SENTENCING HEARING!!) I am SO OFFENDED that the MEDIA Seems INTENT on showing your Tears and Pain MORE-SO than the Sentencing of the PIG that Killed your Loved Ones!! No One can Understand the PAIN, STRESS, EMPTINESS of MURDER SURVIVORS UNLESS they have suffered a Murder, too! I KNOW YOUR PAIN AS I HAVE STRUGGLED WITH IT, MYSELF!! I STILL CRY, DAILY, MORE THAN A YEAR AFTER THE SENTENCING!! SHAME ON THE MEDIA for Exposing YOUR PERSONAL PAIN/EMOTIONS! I UNDERSTAND, LOVE, AND SUPPORT YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!! I HATE the Media for USING YOU for Money/Exposure!! I PRAY You get JUSTICE for your Family and find PEACE within your heart after such a tragic loss!!! I DO LOVE and SUPPORT YOU as a "Fellow Survivor"!!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!

tgrfan42069

the s***bag should rot if he did it..but you cant honestly think the jury can show no bias when a celeb is crying on the stand.he was found guilty today before the trial got started good.the jury will want to get justice for the celeb.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

What? She doesn't have a CD to hock for profit to coincide with the attention from the trial?

Wow, She and Clive Davis are slipping!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments