Jennifer Hudson

Breaks Down On Stand

In Murder Trial

4/23/2012 11:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0423_jennifer_hudson_testify_trial_murder
Jennifer Hudson dissolved into tears as she testified at the trial of William Balfour -- the man accused of murdering her mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.

Hudson broke down when the prosecutor asked her about the last time she saw her family.  She said her last visit was just days before the slaughter.

Hudson broke down again when the prosecutor handed her a photo of her mom.

Most relevant to the case ... Hudson told jurors no one in her family wanted her sister to date William Balfour, the man accused of the triple murder.  She said she always tried to keep her distance from Balfour.

Hudson says she never , EVER liked Balfour ... saying, "not even in grammar school."

Jennifer told the court she tried to keep her distance from William whenever she thought he would be around ... saying, "Where he was, I tried not to be. So if I saw him, I separated myself."

Jackie

Well they are people who have lost families in wars..etc...and don't get that media sympathy. Just stay strong....the wounds won't heal and so the tears won't bring them back.

MTG

I love this beautiful soul. Should she come out of this with peace in her heart and one day meet her family again in eternity. God bless you you lovely child. My condolences to you, you beautiful, strong spirit. I ache for you, and I don't even know you.

candycab

I find it sort of funny that people aim their posts directly at whomever the subject of these stories are.Do you seriously think any of these folks are taking time out to read sites like this let alone your comments ? The sentiment is nice and all but I think you are completely wasting your time if you want that actual "Star" to see your post. You may get a bit more satisfaction out of a fan letter even if you get a canned response :-)

myopinion

It took 4 years to start the trial...What a SHAME!!!!

Connie

Jennifer, I'm praying for you, I too lost all my family, even my son @37, he had a heartattack in the middle of his sleep. Today he's been passed on for 4 years now. I'm going to light a candle at church for you and your family. I know it's hard for all of us who are still here, please know that I'll be praying for you always too.

noelle

I feel sorry for Jen but why in the world would she let her family stay in a house where gun shots are heard regularly. I would have forced her to move. I would have changed the locks so she couldn't have gotten back in that house. there is no excuse for her family to have still been in that house

TONYA CARR

I am so sad for her and her family...Praters going out to them!

lori

As a Non-Celebrity, UNKNOWN US Citizen, I AM DISGUSTED that you are posting ANYTHING about Jennifer Hudson regarding her family Murder Trial! My Nephew, who was more like a SON to me, was MURDERED 01-31-2010 at barely 18 years old!! I had to Endure a Murder Trial in February, 2011, and a Sentencing Trial in March, 2011!!! (THANK GOD I WAS ABLE TO GIVE A VICTIMS IMPACT STATEMENT AT THE SENTENCING HEARING!!) NONE-THE-LESS, MURDER is the MOST HORRIFIC, TRAUMATIZING EVENT a Person may be Forced To Endure! NEVER, EVER FOLLOW OR COMMENT on a Survivors' Reactions to such a NASTY CRIME!! Post the Court Decisions if you like, BUT NEVER EXPOSE THE GRIEVING SURVIVORS OR THEIR REACTIONS!! IT IS A PAIN VERY FEW PEOPLE WILL EVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND IN THIS WORLD, and Very Personal and Private to those LIVING that Pain!! How dare you PUBLICIZE Jennifer Hudson CRYING during the trial!!! OF COURSE SHE WILL CRY!! SHAME ON YOU for making her Personal Tragedy PUBLIC!!! LEAVE HER BE!! Wait until the Trial is OVER and Publicize HIS (the Murderers') RESULTS!!! THAT's ALL THAT MATTERS!!! (Justice for Jennifer AND HER FAMILY!!) PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL OF THE SURVIVORS from a fellow family that has endured your pain!!!

first last

This is a dumb story of course she is going to break down. Who wouldn't.

Stay focused and strong

Luz

The story doesn't say if her sister was killed, too. What I see is that this guy practically left Jeniffer alone in the world! No father, mother, brother, nephew or maybe sister. Must be horrible not having anyone to go to or talk on the phone!

j17400

SaD

paul

i don't believe that kid murdered her family i don't care how bad she breaks down in court...That kid was set up...

cynthia

why is this news. Did anyone expect that she would not show emotion having to relive and hear the details of that tragedy again. SMH duh...

LoveTMZ

So tragic. One of the most shocking stories I have ever witnessed.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3