Katy Perry

Sucking Face with New Man

4/23/2012 6:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katy Perry kissing Robert Ackroyd
The rebound is officially underway for Katy Perry ... who was all about the PDA with her new man at Coachella ... hugging, caressing and full on making out.

The guy is Robert Ackroyd -- the guitar player for Florence and The Machine.

The two were also spotted together at the music festival last weekend ... and according to some reports, Katy was already referring to him as her "boyfriend."

Guess she's finally ready to move on from her soon-to-be ex-husband Russell Brand -- who filed for divorce back in December.

As TMZ has previously reported, Brand and Perry have been on relatively good terms since the breakup ... with Brand refusing to make a play for any of the millions of dollars Perry raked in during their relationship.

0416_coachella_footer

shaheem

Nothing last forever, all the words ''i love you'' and ''Together forever'' are all meaningless. in the end someone always ends up getting hurt. Always. together today, with someone else tomorrow uttering the same pointless words. baby i love you and this is forever!! yeah yeah w/e. we constantly fool ourselves.

yessir

Finally she picks someone decent looking. Travie is hideous and Russel Brand is a freak.

Tim

He's tapping that azz........

Gloria Unread

Eww.. that's disgusting. Florence and the Machine? The band that did that horrible f'ing "Dog Days Are Over" song?!? That is awful... Absolutely terrible.
But it makes Katy's music sound great by comparison. So, good for her, I guess.
Seems like she always has to be the dominant (or talented) one in the relationship.

julia

She never took her marriage seriously and was always away. Yes she is entitled to her career but why marry when she knew she couldn't commit? I feel sorry for Russell in the whole thing, I believe that she really hurt him. She says she hates fame but seems to me that she chases it relentlessly and that she behaves like a teen when she is 27 and should be more mature. Showing off and partying seems to be all she wants to do and she was never ready to marry.

Louize

Find it so weird how fast a lot of celebrities get over their marriages. Maybe marriage means a different thing to them than to us 'normal' people? I would be devastated if I split from my boyfriend of 2 years, so if I split with someone I had vowed to spend the rest of my life with I can't imagine being with someone new within months.

Mina

How do these celebrities get over divorces and breakups so quickly?

Anonymous

I am not a fan of Russell, but at least he is clearly a decent guy by not going after her money.
Divorcing women should learn this lesson.

buzz kill

If she isn't officially divorced yet, she ought not piss off Russell or he may decied he wants some of her money afterall.

justsaying

Will somebody please tell me why people get married in this day and age. Anyway, homosexuals have made a mockery of marriage. Why bother?

Sonja

Homosexuals have made a mockery of marriage?? Sorry it's more like morons like Katy Perry.. musicians, actors ... who marry in months, divorce, date, marry again.. repeat who make a mockery of marriage. As well as all straight people who divorce or have affairs. Yeah it's all the gays fault...find a new thing to whine about would you.

brad

I hope Katy dates several guys before she settles down and does the "serious boyfriend" thing. She needs to figure out who is a good match for her long term ... if a long term relationship is what she wants right now.

Who knows, maybe Robert Ackroyd is "the one" like her song "The One That Got Away" goes.

I read that one of Katy's friends said that she gets serious with guys way too fast. After her marriage with Russell, you'd think she would want to "go slow" and all that. She also needs to realize that Robert is going to be all around the world touring with his band "Florence + The Machine" so it would be a long distance relationship again.

Even with (very expensive) access to a private jet or "NetJets", most of those kinds of relationships don't work out in the long run. I guess that's how it's always been with showbiz people though. They'd have to figure it out. I guess they'd have to talk on the phone a lot or do Skype videoconferencing, etc.

Lizzie

People move on, I'ts called life.Also, at least she wasn't obsessed with Russell and just let it go.

Suser

Katy Perry and Robert Ackroyd Kissing at Coachella Video here

burning_plastic

what about Russell? He is probably "dating" some trick he met at the bus stop.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments