Noah Wyle

Martin Sheen Inspired Me

... to Get Arrested

4/24/2012 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_pnxvwh4l_0_wq0ndotg
Noah Wyle appeared cool, calm and collected this morning after he was arrested in a Washington D.C. protest ... claiming he was just following in the illegal footsteps of a Hollywood icon -- Martin Sheen.

On his way through Dulles International Airport, Wyle was asked who pulled off a better civil disobedience arrest -- him or his former "E.R." co-star George Clooney ... when Wyle dropped Charlie Sheen's father's name.

In case you didn't know, Martin Sheen's a famed activist -- who claims he was arrested more than 60 times for various political protests throughout the years.

As we previously reported, Wyle was busted on Capitol Hill ... while hoping to convince Congress to prevent Medicaid cuts that would allegedly force a bunch of sick and elderly people into nursing homes.

Who Knew

Hey everybody, I did it. I finally got my name out there again. Am I relevant again? Maybe, just a little.

NYclouds

Arrested 60 times!!!! It must be his career, how else could he get a job?

By the way, I heard this company's looking for people if you need work...

www.USCorpWorkForce.com

b

Anyone that makes a decision on a topic because a stupid actor gets arrested is a MORON. Look how it has worked for Martin Sheen. His own son is a complete idiot that only cares about himself. Look to your parents for guidance.

Stormy

I remember a time when the entertainment industry had class and self respect. Then Rap, and being ghetto made it's way in, going to rehab is now a "good" career move, and being a flaming homo is what they want to teach our children is the right thing to do. So sad and pathetic it has become. Glad I have had my television service disconnected so I don't have to subject myself to such filth anymore.

PJ

Poor Noah, had to get arrested to get in a TMZ column.

Truth is that nobody cares. The guy could rot in prison and no one would notice.

Nyd

Another a$$clown liberal using some phony cause to get publicity, pathetic, shameless, opportunist.

Steppy

Love Noah Wyle! Great to see him standing up for what he believes in. Classy guy!

Fat Mike

I'd rathger follow in the footsteps of Charlie

Seldombinlaid

Amen Martin Sheen is the man! George Clooney just makes sure cameras catch him. Martin cares.

Bridget

Hey now, a lot of people don't want to go to nursing homes. Nursing homes get in trouble all the time for abusing their patients. JUST WAIT until we are all ELDERLY and someone wants to ship us off to a home. Doubt you'll be happy about it.

And why blame Martin sheen for charlies arrests? Martin Sheen got arrested for political protests. Charlie, got arrested cause of drugs. And Emilo Estevez doesn't get into trouble.

Plus on top of that Noah Wyle LIVES ON A FARM, last I heard. And still gets steady work in hollywood. And I'm sure gets a bunch of royalty checks from his days on ER.

I get most people in hollywood just think publicity all the time. But with Noah, I buy that he was just standing up for what he beleives in.

Bill C.

Shouldn't Noah be more concerned about where his next acting job will come from?

Dee

Unlike the comment states below, there are many great nursing homes out there that give loving and excellent care. You are stating that he is protesting because Medicaid cuts would force the elderly into homes is an ignorant statement. Guess who already feels the Medicaid cuts....nursing facilities. I am not sure about other states, but Illinois is a joke. Do you realize that the state at one point this year was 6 months behind in paying the facilities. Do you realize how difficult it is to operate a business like that. How about we not pay all the Federal employees for 6 months and see how they pay their bills. Many of us are in the industry for the sole purpose of helping the elderly and providing them with care in their final years. Trust me, it's not for the pay. So Bridget, please don't make blanket statements.

Fuck Celebrities

What is it about not having a real job that makes people such dumbasses?

MP

Perhaps there would be more money available for elderly people if someone investigated all the fraud that goes on with Medicaid.

rabbisun