Rodney King on Trayvon Martin

Was Caught on Tape

4/24/2012 7:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

042312_rodney_still

Rodney King tells TMZ ... he sincerely hopes Trayvon Martin's family will eventually get justice ... but says Trayvon's case makes him realize how lucky he was to have his beating captured on tape.

Just days before the 20 year anniversary of the L.A. riots, King was in NYC promoting his new book in which he describes his journey through the violence ... from the infamous beating at the hands of LAPD officers ... to his public plea for peace.

"It's not one day that goes by that I don't think about the incident ... I get these headaches ... when I [sniff], my sinuses start burning."

Now, with the Trayvon Martin case stirring up similar emotions as his legal saga  ... King says the judicial system is a "slow process" .... and adds, "I'm hoping he gets justice for his family ... 'cause he's no longer here, so for his family."

King went on to talk about how his own life is finally heading in a positive direction ... but noted, "Luckily I got [my attack] seen on tape."

Mayu

one thing not caught on tape was how high on drugs he was.

Tesla_Consulting

"Luckily I got [my attack] seen on tape." And I love cell phones.

DANI

How about "EVER" thanking or acknowledging the person that "shoot" took the video in the first place........that RK never did.......besides the point.....the person that video taped it " completely regret" doing it.....after the riots and seen what type of person Rodney King was.....I personally know the guy.......and after realizing how RK was in general and the riots and deaths the video provoked.......He completely regretted shooting it.....

ME623

He's lucky his attack was caught on tape?! You've got to be kidding me. This dummy must've forgotten that the cops were acquitted. In other words, the tape didn't mean a damn thing! After the riots and such, Rodney has had nothing but more run-ins with the law. So promote your book that won't make any money and shut the hell up!

tab58064

His sinuses are burning because of that bad cocaine he bought out of the hood. All jokes aside, the only thing that saved him from not only wearing one hell of an ass whoopin, but also going to prison probably was the fact that his incident was caught on tape.

MoJoDaddy

Let's remember that Rodney King was a habitual offender. We only saw part of his encounter with the LAPD. The part that made them look bad. Rodney must have done something to set them off. Regardless, it doesn't help Trayvon Martin's family to have this clown speak in support of them. He's obviously still a lowlife p.o.s. and still trying to cash in on his 15 minutes. Loser.

Buddy The Elf

What a loser.
People forget he is a freaking criminal.

(Not excusing the beating, but the beating shouldnt excuse him being a lifetime loser degenerate, either.)

Bill

A total pece of ****!

Ricardoh

I forget was the police chase also on tape.

glenn

didn't his five minutes expire 10 years ago?

Luckily Speaking

LUCKILY ZIMMERMAN got great photos of his bleeding head at the police station after the altercation with that MAN, Trayvon Martin, showing Zimmerman with the massive gashes spewing blood toward his face and behind his ears rather then vertical which tells the story vividly.

Animal

The news media is responsible for his getting away with what he did and getting a settlement. They are also responsible for all the damages from the riots and the people that was injured. WHY? Because they only showed the part they wanted to show. They didnt show the whole video. The part where he started to get down, but jumped up and slugged a cop. During the beating, he kept trying to get to his feet. I did see later more of the video and was very outraged over all that followed. I wish all the news stations responsible, would have had to pay for any and all damages along with King going to jail.

keen

For all the racists who are jumping to Zimmerman's defense, you should be lucky this case is about race and not about the facts.
If this case were truly about an ex felon with a gun following and shooting just any old teenager who was proven to just be walking home, this would be an open and shut case. Trayvon's black skin is the only thing that gives merit for someone feeling threatened just from seeing someone walk down the street. Making it about Trayvon's blackness is the best thing to ever happen to the defense.

dude

George Zimmerman might have wanted the incident to be on video too.

Vanessa

After reading all these racist and hatred filled comments I can tell you racism is alive and well...I used to hate interacial marriage but now I'm all for it let's assimilate as much white ppl as possible and make them all mothers and fathers of light skin black kids and the world will be a better I say by 2050 brown and black ppl will take over hihihihihihihih can't wait.!