Rodney King on Trayvon Martin

Was Caught on Tape

4/24/2012 7:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

042312_rodney_still

Rodney King tells TMZ ... he sincerely hopes Trayvon Martin's family will eventually get justice ... but says Trayvon's case makes him realize how lucky he was to have his beating captured on tape.

Just days before the 20 year anniversary of the L.A. riots, King was in NYC promoting his new book in which he describes his journey through the violence ... from the infamous beating at the hands of LAPD officers ... to his public plea for peace.

"It's not one day that goes by that I don't think about the incident ... I get these headaches ... when I [sniff], my sinuses start burning."

Now, with the Trayvon Martin case stirring up similar emotions as his legal saga  ... King says the judicial system is a "slow process" .... and adds, "I'm hoping he gets justice for his family ... 'cause he's no longer here, so for his family."

King went on to talk about how his own life is finally heading in a positive direction ... but noted, "Luckily I got [my attack] seen on tape."

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Chuck

I saw a longer version of the tape. It started with King on the ground, not being hit. He then got up and the police started beating him then. A commentator pointed out that he got up fast and had not been searched, so he might have had a weapon. Then was the part everybody saw, him standing and getting beaten. He then went down and was hit less as he went down. When he got all the way down, he was hit one last time and then the beating stopped. If everyone had seen this much, the riots may not have happened.

henry

Stupid people are going to take over!

budo

No trial yet, but Zimmerman is already guilty???! Racism???? What kind? It may very well be, Rodney, that Zimmerman wishes there had been a taping.

cb

Those redneck bastards that beat him should still be in jail along with these other dirty skinheads making negative comments on here! why don't you all go to hell..oh I forgot since your devils anyway your already there!

zapperz

yea he and that punk trayvon.. both got the whooping the deserved

Mrakulous

a

Johnny

What a joke, I bet his momma is real proud.

DIO45

Jack Ass!!!!

Lynda Jones-owings

Yes, we know what happened...........Trayvon Martin is dead................

Memories Superstars

that beating he deserved was the best thing that ever happened to him, he is infamous, was rich, but nothing changes the fact that he is stupid, an addict, and a looser!

Jeff-O

Life is about the choices we make. The real lesson to be learned here is that when you wanna smash somebody's head into the ground and splash their brains all over the concrete, it's best to pick a victim who ain't packin'...just sayin'...

Ronni

You do know Rodney King is dead; I'm just about certain he hasn't said a damn thing!!! You're making me question everything you've ever written.

Ronni

Seriously??? Rodney King has been dead for over a year! Pretty sure he didn't say a damn thing. Why is that the most of the comments are from idiots with no life? Easy to hide behind faceless comments. Pretty damn cowardly!!! A--holes!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8