Octomom

Welfare Mom Blows $520

ON HAIRCUTS!

4/25/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Octomom check for $520 for haircutsOctomom Nadya Suleman -- who is pulling in $2,000 month in food stamps thanks to California taxpayers -- spent $520 on a Brazilian blowout, and 2 cuts ... TMZ has learned.

Octo's hairstylist Stephanie tells us ... she went to Octo's house on April 18 to cut her hair and do a Brazilian blowout -- a chemical straightening treatment. Octo owed Stephanie for an earlier haircut, and the grand total came to $520. Octo also paid Stephanie $80 for hair products. Mind you -- Octo wrote the check at a time when she was in dire need of welfare.

Stephanie -- who went to cops yesterday and filed a report claiming the 14 kids were living in squalor -- tells us she couldn't believe Octo was spending this kind of loot on haircuts when her plumbing didn't work.

Stephanie says a plumber had been to the house recently and told Octo it would cost $150 to fix the pipes, but Octo declined, saying it was too expensive. As a result, the kids have to use portable training toilets in the backyard.

Octomom and the horrible house conditions
By the way, Stephanie also says while she was cutting Octo's hair, the mother of 14 locked her kids in the bedroom. Take a look at the pic -- notice the chair she used to keep the door shut.

update_bar
9:00 AM PT: Octomom just walked one of her kids to a school bus -- we asked about the giant haircut check, but she had no response. PS -- nice Elmo slippers.

D

I LIKE TMZ AND READ OFTEN; HOWEVER, I WILL STOP SUPPORTING THIS SITE AND THE SHOW. WHY WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO POST ARTICLES REGARDING THIS PERSON? THERE SHOULD BE SOME SORT OF ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITY YOU HAVE. OBVIOUSLY, SHE HAS SOME ISSUES THAT SHE NEEDS TO SEEK TREATMENT FOR, BUT YOU CONTINUES TO EXPLOIT THIS FAMILY. JUST STOP. PLEASE CONSIDER THE KIDS AND THE UNSTABLE PEOPLE WHO MAKE DEATH THREATS TO THIS WOMEN AS A RESULT OF THE ARTICLES YOU POSTS. THERE IS A LINE. FIND IT!

Anya

Tis creep needs a conservator more than Brit ! Better yet, a strait jacket

naproptlyaprop

I'm not so sure about this one. I agree paying that much for haircuts is rediculous but I'm not completely sold on the locking the kids in the room thing. If their in the kitchen then I highly doubt that door is a bedroom, but possibly basement steps which are usually very steep. A much better idea would be going to a hardware store and purchasing a knob with a lock on it, Im sure the kids r more than capable of moving the chair obviously arent the best listeners if u have to put do not enter and prop a chair against the door to keep them safe. To clarify further it says Do Not Enter (babys). Some spelling lessons may be needed but It looks more like rather than trapping them in, someone(probably an older child) was attempting to look out for some of the smaller kids by keeping them away from whatevers behind the door. Nanny 911 maybe Not, I've seen much worse. Besides "Squaler" Not so much, In a dirty home the kitchen is a goldmine of evidence and she chose to take a pic of a door, I don't buy it.

Vic

My God, if there's a fire...those kids are dead! Octomom abusing & neglecting them is no surprise, but, CPS doing NOTHING is. Poor, poor kids. I treat my animals better.

LIN

Well, there ya...another lazy, clueless parasite sucking American taxpayers dry. We've got more welfare recipients than ever before under Barry..the welfare king! Who would like nothing more than to completely run our lives and take all our money...cause that's what dictators do. It's no wonder that the Communist Party USA is endorsing him just as they had in 2004 and 2008. NOTHING IS FREE and when they have no choice but to cut entitlements...better get used to rice and beans and peanut butter sandwiches! ...oh..and make sure you can actually afford to have a kid before making one!

joe

I have been cutting my own hair for the last 25 years and I live in a million dollar house. Why does she have to spend $520 on a hair cut that she hides under a hoodie?

vinyl

Umm ok...: 5 hours ago

When are people going to wake up and realize that welfare as it stands right now DOES NOT WORK! Handing irresponsible people money does not help children get the care & food they need and it is not a way to lift people out of poverty. Money would be better spent on community centers that provide meals, medical care, classes that teach basic life skills & job training so that people actually have to be responsible enough to show up to get the services they say they need. What a frickin joke!

For a while, these types of services WERE provided (job skills training, life skills, etc) In fact, at least in California, they were REQUIRED as part of receiving welfare. You missed a class, you were cut off. However, since state budgets have been cut, the classes and training were the first things to go. In order to continue providing them, the states need to give more $ to the social services departments to hire more employees to do the necessary training and teach those classes.

JimmydeansausageCo.

Why don't they just put her and the kids in a lab and experiment on them? Give them all the help they need mentally and attention wise. Financially payed for by advertising.

Big Brother's a hit show, a show with her and those kids in suitable house with camera's would be good for anti pregnancy purposes. Family in a fishbowl!

Ease Up

Let's be honest.... most of us would go insane within the first 24hrs if we had to walk in her Elmo slippers. How much punishment must this woman endure from the public? It is what it is people - have a heart. She herself has admitted her big mistake. I'm amazed she has lasted this long without welfare.

Miss Lily Skye

This pizzes me off SOOO freaking bad!! I am a mother of three kids, my boyfriend and father of the kids works 12 hour days 6 days a week to try and support us. We do get food assistance, but it's not that much and it's because we NEED it. I can not remember the last time I had my hair cut, and I could go get it done for $15! I haven't bought myself new clothes in years, make-up is only a dream, and my one pair of shoes is falling apart. BUT, I have a roof over my kids head WITH working plumbing, my children have nice clothes and new shoes, and I have never locked them into a room for my own personal gain, or any other reason for that matter, and trust me, they have made me want to rip out every single strand of my hair piece by piece. At 25, I just finished school and am about to start working so I can give my kids the life I never had (and maybe finally buy some new shoes lol) and then I decide to sit down at my computer and look up TMZ and what do I see?? Octo spending $60......0 on her HAIR!!!!!! Do you have any idea how mad this made me? I'm shaking right now trying to type! I agree this isn't fraud if she did show them all her money and didn't hide any from them. They don't care what you spend your money on, they just care that it's below a certain amount, and like Harvey said, as long as she makes less than like 115,000 a year, she can get food stamps. This rule should change. They SHOULD care what you are spending your money on. And if they don't, then CPS should, cuz she can't "afford" plumbing so her kids use the bathroom in the backyard like DOGS, yet $60......0 for her hair is ok? NOT!!

Miss Lily Skye

What's with the dots between my zeros in the number six hundred? TMZ, stop trying to edit what doesn't need to be edited.

BeSerious

As a California taxpayer, I want this woman investigated and audited. I am appalled at the nerve of this woman. We have enough trouble in our state, but paying for this stupid woman shouldn't be one of them. I've always thought that idiot doctor who helped impregnate her should help support all these kids.

sandee

all of you need to mind your own business period! what kind of hairstylist charges 500 bucks for a hair done at home, a lieing kind that only came for a story and didnt get one, her 14 kids are not all babies, the older ones are old enough and should be helping out like in any household -MY GRANDMOM HAD 11 KIDS AS MOST FROM HER TIME SO SCREW OFF ALL YOU HYPERCRITICAL LIARS, JUDGE YOUR OWN LIFE, BUT IF ITS SO DULL AND BORING I SEE WHY YOU ARE JUDGING HERS INSTEAD. SHES AWESOME, SHE DIDNT ASK FOR 8 BABIES AT ONCE SHE GOT IT AND IS DOING A DAMN GOOD JOB AT IT!

barbiemacs

Did ya notice that nice warm coat she had on...but the kids can stand outside in 60 degree temp with only a tshirt and pullups..shivering! OMG people..wake up! You are seeing the real OctoLEACH at work!! Those kids get nothing except the older ones who can bust her arse if they told. Her poor older daughter obviously is filling the mama role. We saw that in her latest Ustream video when she dragged one of the tups out of the way lifting him up by his ear. This is what she has been taught by her Nasty Mama!!

Home Skillet

Is this b*tch for real?!! OUTRAGEOUS!! Clue-up, Octo!