Octomom

Welfare Mom Blows $520

ON HAIRCUTS!

4/25/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Octomom check for $520 for haircutsOctomom Nadya Suleman -- who is pulling in $2,000 month in food stamps thanks to California taxpayers -- spent $520 on a Brazilian blowout, and 2 cuts ... TMZ has learned.

Octo's hairstylist Stephanie tells us ... she went to Octo's house on April 18 to cut her hair and do a Brazilian blowout -- a chemical straightening treatment. Octo owed Stephanie for an earlier haircut, and the grand total came to $520. Octo also paid Stephanie $80 for hair products. Mind you -- Octo wrote the check at a time when she was in dire need of welfare.

Stephanie -- who went to cops yesterday and filed a report claiming the 14 kids were living in squalor -- tells us she couldn't believe Octo was spending this kind of loot on haircuts when her plumbing didn't work.

Stephanie says a plumber had been to the house recently and told Octo it would cost $150 to fix the pipes, but Octo declined, saying it was too expensive. As a result, the kids have to use portable training toilets in the backyard.

Octomom and the horrible house conditions
By the way, Stephanie also says while she was cutting Octo's hair, the mother of 14 locked her kids in the bedroom. Take a look at the pic -- notice the chair she used to keep the door shut.

update_bar
9:00 AM PT: Octomom just walked one of her kids to a school bus -- we asked about the giant haircut check, but she had no response. PS -- nice Elmo slippers.

Mclovin

If Stephine is so concerned about the children, why would she accept the $520 check? I think it would have been better for the kids if she would have spent the money on plumber rather than running to CPS.

Jenn

You know what the hairstylist only did that to get a check from octomom and then cash a bigger check from TMZ. You think she gave the pictures for free to TMZ? No the hairstylist sold the pictures to TMZ. The hairstylist even went and cash out her bigger check at www.fazzoom.com it's sad but you know what the thing is the hairstylist had no good intensions. I don't like octomom but I'm not a fan of anyone kids being taken at all either. I would never want my child to be taken because a neighbor said so. Right? You have to think about as a parent. TMZ shouldn't of paid the stupid hairstylist money for pictures

ummm?!

I can't help but wonder if she had her hair styled for ANOTHER TV interview.

bj

why is this whore allowed to keep those babies

bj

why does that whore still have those kids

AliVee

HELLO? She gets 2K a month in food stamps (that MY tax dollars pay for) and spends $520 ON HER HAIR??? I want my money back. NOW.

55vineyard

Try Fantastic Sams - I can get a senior cut including partial blow dry for $14.95 and they have a frequent user card so the 12th cut is free. I have a regular gal I normally use there and they do a good job.

myopinion

I am convinced this woman is mentally unstable she is a child in an adults body....GET HER SOME HELP FOR HER MENTAL PROBLEM!!!!!!!

♥TMZ but ...

take the kids away from this nutbar

Aarikka

OMG!!! look at the picture with her showing the new hair cut. In the background is the door locked with the chair where her children probably are.

the real diva

what a idiot. her kids are neglected. yet she can money on her hair,, save those kids. take them away. she is neglecting those kids. she defrauded the welfare. charge her. she is useless time welfare got involved took away the kids and charged her. save those poor kids before it is too late,with her new hair. at least she would look good for a cell mate if she gets charges and go to jail.

jusme

So if you couldn't believe she spent that kind of money, why did you take the money? Why didn't you gift your services or tell her "no, I can't take that amount of money from ypou and your children."

a.

If Miss Stephanie (the hairdresser) really had a heart for those kids like she said she does she wouldnt have charged nadya $520 for a haircut...She should have told nadya no u need the money more than i do.....and u know she made mmoney off of selling these pics to tmz......either way! they are both in the wrong! what nadya needs to do is get a job!! when your on cash aid (welfare) they provide you with free childcare so theres no excuse for anyone on welfare to be sitting on their ass all day spending all their money on brazillian blow outs

Bryon

Keep it up TMZ, her blood will be on YOUR hands when some Tea Party Redneck comes after her

scoopie

My worst nightmare is that I own income property and the only person I can find who wants to rent out the house is her. Talk about trashing a place.