Octomom

Welfare Mom Blows $520

ON HAIRCUTS!

4/25/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Octomom check for $520 for haircutsOctomom Nadya Suleman -- who is pulling in $2,000 month in food stamps thanks to California taxpayers -- spent $520 on a Brazilian blowout, and 2 cuts ... TMZ has learned.

Octo's hairstylist Stephanie tells us ... she went to Octo's house on April 18 to cut her hair and do a Brazilian blowout -- a chemical straightening treatment. Octo owed Stephanie for an earlier haircut, and the grand total came to $520. Octo also paid Stephanie $80 for hair products. Mind you -- Octo wrote the check at a time when she was in dire need of welfare.

Stephanie -- who went to cops yesterday and filed a report claiming the 14 kids were living in squalor -- tells us she couldn't believe Octo was spending this kind of loot on haircuts when her plumbing didn't work.

Stephanie says a plumber had been to the house recently and told Octo it would cost $150 to fix the pipes, but Octo declined, saying it was too expensive. As a result, the kids have to use portable training toilets in the backyard.

Octomom and the horrible house conditions
By the way, Stephanie also says while she was cutting Octo's hair, the mother of 14 locked her kids in the bedroom. Take a look at the pic -- notice the chair she used to keep the door shut.

update_bar
9:00 AM PT: Octomom just walked one of her kids to a school bus -- we asked about the giant haircut check, but she had no response. PS -- nice Elmo slippers.

Leah

I get food stamps. I could never imagine getting my hair done or my nails. The only "luxury" I have is my computer. Took me 1 year of saving to get it. I had no choice because the library cut the time down from two hours to one hour time per person to use the computers. I couldn't get anything done! I think something is wrong with Octomom and her children should be placed with loving foster parents until Octomom gets her mental health issues treated.

CLINT

What a pig!! And just plain evil to make children live like this. There are plenty of cheaper places to go to get your haircut, and they will do a decent job. Besides, no matter what you do to your hair, it don't help ugly.

charles

The many laws around children...to explore as well?

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

That's really not that bad. I've seen worse. And I've seen people on welfare with Expeditions and Navigators with giant flatscreens all paid for by the state. If she thinks spending $520 on a haircut if foul, she has yet to see what some folks on welfare spend their money that are on.

Edward

Her hair looks nice. What are you all bitching about?

Kimmy Ef

This whole situation is just sad.I know I couldn't handle caring for 14 kids myself...I would have to get help.

As for the kids being in t-shirts during potty training I can understand that. Girls wearing boy clothes..no biggie. She needs to save where she can.

Getting her hair done....I think a hair straightener would be a whole lot cheaper.

The writing all over the home is mind blowing. And, done in marker no less.

I will say though, the children look clean and well fed.
I don't think TMZ or anyone else should be plastering their faces all over the internet. These children didn't choose this life..

I wonder what will happen in the future with this family. I wish them all the best. Sad situation....

Sarah

What a disgusting, selfish woman those poor children didn't ask to be born. They should be taken away from her she is not fit to be a mother how dare she spend money she gets to look after her children on herself having her hair done and this is what we just know about. This woman made a lot of money using those poor children doing interviews and magazine deals and probably could of been set for life or at least until those children where adults where is all that money gone? She was spending it all on herself. Take the kids away and put them in a place where someone will give them the care and attention they deserve. Disgusting piece of trash this woman is, the only reason she had those kids where because she wanted publicity and to be a celebrity its not because she loves kids.

Sandy

LOL so um did the check bounce and that is why Stephanie is pissed or what?

Matt

The few people who voted that this isn't welfare fraud are probably doing the same mothaf*ckin' thing. I'll buy this b*tch 15 rafts and 30 oars just to get the f*ck out, hit me up if you're interested Nadya.

OhyesIdid

I was on her side before but not so much now. Cant collect welfare and pay out that kind of money for your hair. The house doesn't look too super dirty but seems to lack a lot of furniture. Tell me, her kids seem quite young, too young in fact to have spray painted that stuff on the walls. Proper spelling and all. I bet you she has done it which shows incredible lack of respect for her landlord and lack of common sense.

Sapphiegirl

WHAT A LOSER! She has $500 to pay a hairdresser but doesn't have $150 to fix her plumbing? CALIFORNIA TAKE THOSE KIDS QUICK!

moe l.

Welfare X's 15 = $30,000/month X's 12 months = $360...,000/yr.

Maya

Hell if I were getting 2K in food stamps a month, I too could afford to have hair stylist come to my house for a $520 haircut, products, and sh*t. She has some nerve.

Maya

$520 for a haircut! WTF! California taxpayers you are very generous, I hope you all are getting your money's worth. Makes me want to move to Cali.

jr.d

No, just a woman who was raised to make poor choices and we all have to pay for. Like it or not, we as civil human beings of compassion and empathy, and predominately Christian, are obligated to help get her through her mistakes. Fraud? Probably not. Just more errors in judgement. But, we are not in her shoes, are we?