Octomom's House

A Picture of Squalor

4/25/2012 6:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Octomom and the horrible house conditionsTMZ has obtained pictures of Octomom Nadya Suleman's home that have triggered a police and child services investigation into allegations that her 14 kids are living in horrendous conditions and are being grossly neglected.

TMZ broke the story, Octo's hairstylist, Stephanie, went to La Habra cops Tuesday afternoon and filed a formal complaint. A La Habra cop and 3 reps from the Orange County Department of Children and Family Services went to Octo's house Tuesday night to investigate.

One picture shows two children pooping in a portable training toilet in the backyard. We're told the plumbing in the house is shot, and only one toilet is operational.

Another photo shows Octo just after she got her hair done. What's shocking is that she locked her kids in the bedroom by propping a chair against the door so they couldn't get out.

Yet another pic shows the children's bedroom, with 2 cribs and a mattress. Stephanie told cops some of the kids are forced to sleep on the floor.

And there's more ... a pic shows some of the kids in the backyard, barefoot, dirty and wearing no pants.

Stephanie tells TMZ, "The kids are in desperate need of help, and I tried to help and she's not open to anyone helping her." She says the boys are wearing girl's clothes, they are neglected and Nadya is just incapable of caring for them.

Authorities stayed at Octo's home Tuesday night for an hour-and-a-half, and determined the kids were not in danger. There will, however, be follow-up with Children's Services.

Sandy

160.... Sonja: 3 minutes ago

I agree with everything you said... adding if you look closely at the pictures. Hair stylist taking pictures of Nadya supposedly hairstyle. Why is it the camera aimed at the kids door rather then Nadya hair? There's different angles of the pictures where she is suppose to be taking pics of Nadya hair yet she's taking pictures of the chair --two of them with Nadya cut half way out of the frame where you can't even see Nadya or her hair and it's all focusing on the door. One shot of A bedroom with clothes on the floor (Big deal, you see my cousin bedroom) Look like he took everything out of his draws and clothes and tossed them in the air and where ever they landed that's where it stayed and he's only 10. You won't believe how many times that boy was yelled at about that junky room. LOL It looked worse then the Cosby son Theo room, remember he had clean/dirty clothes thrown all over his room too. CPS didn't remove Theo out of his home, granted it was only a TV sitcom, but it proves kids are messy and parents don't always like to clean up behind them 24/7 and expect them to clean the mess they make themselves, sometimes.

I agree that those pictures looked staged, especially the ones outside and she deliberately did this to Nadya out of spite or some sort of falling out they had among each other. She claimed to have been friends with Nadya for years and do the kids/Nadya hair for free. What friend would do this to another and then profile on a trashy tabloid site about it? I'm sure Stephanie was around when and after the octuplets were born up til now. How come she just now reporting something the whole damn world already knew? And why now of all times? Hmmm. Helping the kids my arse, and how do we know she offer Nadya anything when it look like she'd down right homey looking herself? jmo

angles

with all the companies out there they should be able to help her diappers and food . She needs help and your companies have lots of extras left over ,they should be able to help her in many ways what is wrong with all of you.

gazoo

1. The hairdresser was at the house. She knew the kids were locked in the bedroom, that's why she took the picture. Other pictures were taken to support allegations of neglect. Hairdresser shouldnt have sold them to TMZ, but you know what? I'm glad she did, it puts a spotlight on Octomom and those helpless children so somehow they may get the help they need.
2. Who has a hairdresser for herself or her 14 children, when she is currently on FOODSTAMPS??? My family is on foodstamps because I am a single parent on disability. There is NO MONEY FOR EXTRAS. And before some smartass points out that I'm on a computer right now, therefore I must be rich, I guess they haven't heard of libraries with free access). I have not had my hair done in the 1 1/2 I've been on foodstamps, and neither have my kids. Food stamps are not enough to cover all your nutrition needs, just the very basic. We only get $150 per month, so I have to get creative with trying to feed 3 of us on that amount. Any extra money Octomom has for a hairdresser, should be going towards putting food on the table for those kids until such time she is assured she can do it herself.
3. The hairdresser did the right thing reporting her to authorities, even though she shouldnt have sold pix/story to TMZ, it is further evidence that something needs to be done NOW. Nadia is an extremely mentally ill woman, anyone can see that. Thinking she can do all this on her own is just more evidence of her mental illness. Any sane person would admit to needing help.

Shawn

Its not near as bad as I thought it would be. Disturbingly, I am slightly disappointed.

Andy

Wait, how does someone on welfare have a stylist??? Stupid loser, stop making americans pay for your mistakes. Find a job bitch.

Mayu

With 18 kids, several home foreclosures and posing naked for only $8000 which (with 18 kids) is the same value as $8... it took less than 2hrs to determine the kids weren't at risk? How could you go through 18 kids and a whole (spray painted and dirty) house thoroughly in 2hrs let alone an hour and a half? This sounded like a half-assed investigation. How many videos and pictures of Nadia neglecting her kids, are we going to see before someone takes it seriously? will one of her kids have to die first?

ju

this women needs to have those kids taken away she is stupid to think she could raise all those kids the thing she was hoping for was a big payday she is a idiot

Eva

Somebody slap her upside the head. The kids need a schedule. She needs to get off her ass and teach the kids responsibilities and assign each of them chores. I'd pop my kids hands silly if the drew on the wall. Go to work. Learn to do your own hair. get clothes from the thrift store at least they'll be properly clothed.

janet

She couldn't take care of her 6 kids she already had. Suleman 'INTENSIONNALY' gets InVitro. Eggs, sperm just so happened to hit. Another 8 kids. 14 kids and no non-reality TV show to pay for them.

Dyfus child services needs to step in.

Just Karen

She shouldn't of had all of those children, but now that she does, everyone should pitch in and help them out. We're America and we help out the less fortunate, don't we?

Sandi

ok help me here.. how does one have a personal hair stylist that comes to your home yet you can't afford to feed your kids???

TheMarshmallowMan

She ought to be ashamed of herself. Although It's not surprising cause since day 1 I thought this woman was SEVERELY mentally ill. She needs mental help.

Sandi

...and what is with all the Graffiti all over the walls???

TMP

I've taken my kids potty outside in our backyard in case she had to go. I've put my kids mattress on the floor because she's a roller and fell off the bed. I've let her run around the house in a diaper and a shirt with no pants. I see nothing wrong with those things. I would be more concerned with the lack of proper plumbing (which should be fixed by the landlord). The messy room... ah, we've all had times where that happens. I see a chair against the door, but is there any proof that there are kids in there? I'm in no way sticking up for her at all, but to say that she's locking small children in a room and won't let them out is a serious allegation. I do wonder what is up with all the graffiti inside and outside the house. Who did that? I think the fact that she gets her hair professionally done (since her hair stylist is the one that turned her in) kind of goes to show that she's more concerned with herself when it comes to what to do with the money she gets. That money can go to providing for her kids. When you have kids.. one or ten, their needs HAVE to come first and it's clear that her children's need don't. Her's do. The house looks ratty and rundown and it does seem that the kids have a "do whatever" routine... I don't think this woman should have ever been allowed to have IVF in the first place. I don't think I would disagree with child services removing them from her care though.

LO

OMG seriously? BAREFOOT PLAYING & GETTING DIRTY......& NO PANTS- HOW HORRIFYING!! MY GOD! This describes EVERY GENERATION UNTIL NOW!! WHile the rest may be something to investigate, the backyard is not!!