Ryan Seacrest

May Not Host 'Idol' Tonight

4/25/2012 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0425_ryan_seacrest_nigel-lythgoe_tmz

update_bar
4:50 PM PDT --
Sources tell TMZ ... Ryan is going to go for it ... although they will have puke buckets on the stage ... just in case he loses it.

0314_divider_graphic
Ryan Seacrest
feels like crap ... so much so he missed the rehearsal for "American Idol" tonight, and sources connected with the production of the show tell TMZ ... Ryan may be MIA for the first time in the 11-season run of the show.

We're told Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe stepped in for Ryan during the dress rehearsal this afternoon.

Sources say Ryan had an IV in his arm, and is fighting "a bad stomach bug." We're told he was throwing up all last night and today.

Ryan was not at the rehearsal and it's unclear if he'll do the show. If he doesn't, Nigel is ready to step in.

As for whether Ryan decides to take the stage ... let's just say one of the songs on  the show tonight is Queen's "The Show Must Go On."

Still, Nigel tells TMZ, "I'm sending my rehearsal tape to "X-Factor." I could be the next Steve Jones. Not as handsome but just as good. Literally!"

Sally

WELL HE MADE IT AND LOOKED GOOD AS ALWAYS.

palermo

It's not like he's the only qualified brain surgeon that can do an operation, anybody can stand up there and announce stuff. Give me a break.

bob

What a co-inky-dink. I have to have a puke bucket close by when he is is on-stage too!

idolfan22

Hey let Ryan's twin Shaun pinch hit for him...love you Ryan hope you feel better...

My BIG FAT ASS!

'REALLY SICK"...really Ryan? Whats the matter? Swallow to much semen?

Rogue Warrior

What a bunch of kindergarten reporting on TMZ's part. You'd think by now they would have updated this non story!!!!!

Major League Losing!

notta

I'm so upset. Give me a break.

boo

dock his pay if he doesn't show...

Kathy

I noticed right off that he seemed sick. I also noticed he shook hands with all of the contestants. Hope they disinfected there hands off stage!

boo

BTW, I have an answer to towns that riot after their teams win/lose the superbowl, stanley cup, world series, et al.....
If the team town that wins riots, the players of that team forfeit the win and pay to fix the damage. The losing team if they lose, pay to fix the damage. There needs to be repurcussions.

janet

What hospital was Seacrest at that put the IV in his arm?

rikki

Must be something he swallowed....

Realist

I love how TMZ prints these stories as if the whole world has brain cancer, and Ryan Seacrest is the only Neurosurgeon on the planet. Good lord, he MCs and overblown karaoke contest. The world will keep on spinning.

Marco Polo

Next time, don't swallow Ryan. Seacrest puke out! lol

Someone's goldfish

Ryan must host the show. Who else is going to announce the results with an agonizingly long pause? "The person leaving tonight is.............................................."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments