Ex-Miss Dominican Republic

Swing and a Mrs.!

4/26/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ TV

042612_republic2_still
Miss Dominican Republic Carlina Duran committed the worst Miss Universe infraction of them all -- well, besides being a man -- and it cost her the crown.

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

static

If you don't have to be a woman to enter the contest how can you reasonably take away a title for being married?

Leader of the ignorant masses

It is not about whether the rules are fair or not. She knowingly entered the pageant under those rules and lied. Those are grounds for losing the crown. If you do not agree with the rules then fight the rules before you accept them. Soon there will be no point in contracts or rules because people will continue to find a reason to sue so they can get their way.

MikeD

What kind of TRICK is this?? I mean, Always.. the Adam's Apple gives it away every time. geeeze

buzz kill

Its time to end these contests. Why should people have to determine if the contestant is a dude or not. this world gets more fu*ked up every day. Let these freaks start their own contest.

Jordan

What difference does it make if they are single or married does anybody really remember theese woman anyway?

Lisa

The way TMZ wrote the story, it makes it seem like she's a man. And judging by some people comments here, they too believe she is a man. But she's not.

soulflower

This is the Miss Dominican Republic pageant not the Mrs.Dominican Republic pageant.

Tebby

Well well well. Kind of interesting isnt it

Joselyn

Just wanted you to know, we don't eat Jalapenos. :)

january

she has the same rights like a trans o more to be a part of miss universe because she born woman ...but she can't be married?? what is equally?

january

April 26, 2012

The Miss Universe Organization
... 1370 Avenue of the Americas, 16th Floor
New York, NY, 10019

Dear Sr. Donald Trump,

It is with great discontent that I write this letter to you. My name is Suri M. from Dominican Republic. I am a fan of your Miss Universe Pageant since I was a little girl, I am a Female activist and lastly I am a Proud Marry Woman. As you might have already heard our Miss Dominican Republic Universe Mrs. Carlina Duran Baldera crowned on April 17th, 2012 as the most Beautiful Woman in Dominican Republic was dethroned from her crown on April 24th, 2012 for the reasons of been married in the past.

Ms. Carlina Duran represents the women of today and the future. As a Woman myself I strongly believe that we have face many obstacles in history thus leading us to maintain a strong leadership and role in society. We respect the rules of Miss Universe Organization of not allowing marry women to Participate in the contest however, we believe that with time comes the Change, for this reason we the fans of our beloved Ms. Domican Republic 2012 urge you to review the case of Ms. Carlina Duran Baldera and allow Ms. Duran Baldera to participate in the Miss Universe 2012 as well as to maintain her title as Ms. Dominican Republic Universe 2012. We the Fans of Carlina Duran pledge you to reconsider Ms. Carlina Duran’s case, our Miss. Dominican Republic 2012.

History was made when for the first time in your Miss Universe pageant contest a Transexual woman was allowed to participate in the Miss Universe Canada, we also believe that Women regardless of their marital status should be allow to participate in your Miss Universe pageant contest. As a loyal fan of Miss Universe Contest I truly appreciate your time in reading this letter.

january

please help us to circulate this letter ...

january

April 26, 2012

The Miss Universe Organization
... 1370 Avenue of the Americas, 16th Floor
New York, NY, 10019

Dear Sr. Donald Trump,

Mary

What a story. Incredible that such a thing is possible at a Miss Election... window film

Stefanie