Rosie O'Donnell

I Don't Want Lindsay to DIE

... Like Whitney Houston

4/26/2012 6:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Rosie O'Donnell believes ... if Lindsay Lohan doesn't change her life ... she will end up just like Whitney Houston ... dead.

Rosie went back on the "Today" show this morning to expand on why she doesn't believe Lindsay should have been cast as Liz Taylor in an upcoming Lifetime movie ... or ANY role for that matter.

Ro suggested Lindsay is heading down a similar path as Whitney ... and believes the only way she can be saved is if she takes time away from the ruthless Hollywood machine.

Ro also explained why she feels obligated to speak out about Lindsay .... saying, "Watching Whitney Houston's funeral I remember thinking, 'Why didn't more people say what they knew?' We all knew."

She continued, "We watched 'Being Bobby Brown' ... it was like watching Sid and Nancy ... they were people in the throes of addiction. But all anyone cared about was that the show was getting ratings."

"To look at Lindsay Lohan, you can't help but feel for her ... and I do not think she's untalented, I think she's quite talented."

LLsez

(Reposting; tmz seems to be having major hiccups!}

***WASHINGTON D.C. HAZMAT UNITS ARE ON HIGH ALERT***

Details of Blo's arrival to the D.C. area are being kept hush-hush, but local residents are being assured that all Hazmat units will be working overtime during the entire time Blo is festering in Washington D.C. and no health threats to the general populace are anticipated.
Meanwhile, all Secret Service units have been given extra-strength doses of Penicillin and Valtrex.

Stay tuned for further details as they unfold.

Sarah

I agree with everything shes saying but do not compare this skank to the beautiful, talented Whitney Houston. Yes she was a drug addict too but unlike Lohan Whitney was actually likeable and she was a lovely, sweet woman when clean and sober. Not to be horrible but if Lindsay died tomorrow not many people would be upset and she will be forgotten in about a month. Am sick of hearing about Lindsay Lohan she is nothing but a loser, hasbeen who should of faded away years ago the only reason shes still talked about is because shes a criminal and is in and out of jail.

Michael Nix

This time Rosie is correct.

IceGypsy

Like her or not, Rosie is right, and I'm glad she is speaking her mind. Too many of these celebs surround themselves with "Yes people" who will tell them what they want to hear instead of what the need to hear.

LLsez

Dina Lohan ‏ @dinalohan

Rosie please STOP speaking about my daughter ! Why are u doing this ? 2 hours ago

Frances

Oh.....so when is Rosie "the moral authority". She think she's God!!!! If she REALLY wanted to help Lindsay like she says she does...wouldn't she just call her up and have a heart to heart talk with her. OH, ok, I get it...she's one of those people who think that because she got lucky and got a tv show that suddenly people "care" about what she has to say. Is she any different from Whitney and Bobby and their show? Who is she to judge Whitney and Bobby and their show????? I mean really............what is their show, her business. If they want to make themselves look like idiots...what does she care???? Oh, she's BETTER than everyone else......she's the moral authority and everyone else is a sinner or needs correction huh? has anyone commented on her raising kids with a woman as a lover? I mean really...

LLsez

Dina Lohan ‏ @dinalohan
Washington Secret Service guys--- call me. any of u...

Nikki

New Threat

INSIDER H8TURD, V.P.

The producers at Lifetime are smarter than you think. they already shot the segments that Linds stumbled through with some random skank. That way, when Linds gets arrested for DUI or murder or something, they'll air the backup episode, draw billions of viewers, and yet another celebrity is born (whoever she is). Later, lifetime will sell the "unreleased" outtake version - featuring Linds in all her drunken, cue-carding glory - to TMZ or Radar for some more millions. WIN-WIN-WIN....all the way around. Genius.

jmak2011

Rosie SHUT your mouth, you said what you had to say the other day and now you need to just Leave Lindsay alone. She has every right to make a movie and try to make a come back. Hey if the producers of the film didn't think she was ready for it they wouldn't have given her the part. Just leave her alone and take care of your own kids.

frankli

Die, don't die, I don't care. No more Lohan.

juliamaria

Sarah....sounds like you are really...really jealous
and just as angry and mean spirited as Rosie!
You will hear more and more about Lindsay, whether good or not and I hope it makes you very, very happy! you loose (r)

Lemur

I don't want Rosie to die like Mama Cass ...

juliamaria

So now Rosie is trying to justify what came out of her mouth? go to hell, I don't care and will NOT change my opinion of YOU: lowlife, angry and mean spirited, as always!

juliamaria

NIKKI.....my God! what is wrong with you? obsession with Lindsay...BIG TIME! I think you need help...are you are on drugs? SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG