Rosie O'Donnell

I Don't Want Lindsay to DIE

... Like Whitney Houston

4/26/2012 6:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Rosie O'Donnell believes ... if Lindsay Lohan doesn't change her life ... she will end up just like Whitney Houston ... dead.

Rosie went back on the "Today" show this morning to expand on why she doesn't believe Lindsay should have been cast as Liz Taylor in an upcoming Lifetime movie ... or ANY role for that matter.

Ro suggested Lindsay is heading down a similar path as Whitney ... and believes the only way she can be saved is if she takes time away from the ruthless Hollywood machine.

Ro also explained why she feels obligated to speak out about Lindsay .... saying, "Watching Whitney Houston's funeral I remember thinking, 'Why didn't more people say what they knew?' We all knew."

She continued, "We watched 'Being Bobby Brown' ... it was like watching Sid and Nancy ... they were people in the throes of addiction. But all anyone cared about was that the show was getting ratings."

"To look at Lindsay Lohan, you can't help but feel for her ... and I do not think she's untalented, I think she's quite talented."

stargazer

I don't care for Rosie, but everything she said is true. Nothing she said was malicious or mean and it most certainly didn't come off that way. Practically everyone saw it as concern, except those who are Lindsay's enablers. It's sad that isn't close to her cares more about her well being than her own family. How anyone could say such mean and nasty things about Rosie because of her views on this, is beyond me. Many others have said the same thing, yet you attack her because she is overweight, a lesbian, and outspoken. When Lindsay dies because no one cared enough to step in, I wonder how all of you will feel then.

Marcie

Reading some of the comments here I am disgusted. Rosie is right. If Lindsay can be saved it would be better than watching her die like Whitney. Comments on here about her weight are just from ignorant people. Weight is not the issue here. People that attack other people's looks are just ignorant. I would rather be overweight than ignorant. Are the posters here 12 year olds? Use the grey matter between your ears people and at least say something intelligant.

kk md

See people, this is what happens to your brain when you don't have sex!

Swins

So says the untalented fat pig

A Wood

I believe in the live and let live approach, I don't want people harping on my downfalls so I will leave theirs alone. Rosie should adopt this policy too.

pat

She's a POS......and Lohan is a POS too......They could both die and that would be ok with me.

Kabala

TMZ - It's "throes" of addiction not "throws". Does anyone proofread your articles? I'll do it for $100,000/year.

stargazer

I think it's pretty obvious that the people putting Rosie down are either very ignorant, or they haven't actually listened to a word she said. The comments you're making just make you look like a bunch of idiots. Attacking someone and saying things about their weight & sexuality just because they have an opinion, an opinion that did nothing but show concern? Seriously, what is wrong with you???

Selebraties Suck

NBC really has sunk to a new low with this loser.

Jay

This is so dumb. Big deal Rosie called Lohan out so what? She is not the first nor the last. Oh and by the way in that clip Today showed of homebody Lindsay at the Star Mag party reacting to what Rosie said, Lindsay looked high as a f*king kite. I hate to say this but I have been at bars ect with people who were high on coke and let me tell you their eyes looked like that, they sounded like that, had that same dumb high on coke face expression. Lindsay already f*ked up Glee showing up late pissing cast members off and she will be late to her Liz Taylor gig too, watch.

maginz

Rosie Shut TF Up! Noone cares What you think! You're a no talent big mouth, Go Away!

karlew

Can't decide if this is damge control or just clarification. This time I agree with everything she said.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

"I Don't Want Lindsay to DIE ... Like Whitney Houston" Yea well I don't want the nation to collapse unto itself because of gluttonous idiots like YOU Tokyo Rosie... SHE WILL, no one can stop an addict but an addict and death. In Hollywood they only change to get their contracts re instated and then it's back to the pipe. They can't help it, the money's there, the s*** is there to get high on the supply and off the rails they go. : (

royalredus

You goobers at TMZ!! It's "throes" of addiction, not "throws"!

InformationTrafficker

NEWS FLASH!

Rosie is living in the past and it appears that most of you who agree with her about Lindsay are doing the same.

Linds hasn't been drinking, drugging or partying it up like she was a few years ago.

Does anyone here remember her probation requirements that she had to stick to for quite some time?

Rosie needs to be called out for running her mouth about someone she CLEARLY has not been paying any attention to, but wants to publicly take a jab at, despite the fact that she is misinformed and inaccurate.

Lindsay's camp can have a field day with this one and shut up Rosie for good. Here's to hoping that happens.