Rosie O'Donnell

I Don't Want Lindsay to DIE

... Like Whitney Houston

4/26/2012 6:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Rosie O'Donnell believes ... if Lindsay Lohan doesn't change her life ... she will end up just like Whitney Houston ... dead.

Rosie went back on the "Today" show this morning to expand on why she doesn't believe Lindsay should have been cast as Liz Taylor in an upcoming Lifetime movie ... or ANY role for that matter.

Ro suggested Lindsay is heading down a similar path as Whitney ... and believes the only way she can be saved is if she takes time away from the ruthless Hollywood machine.

Ro also explained why she feels obligated to speak out about Lindsay .... saying, "Watching Whitney Houston's funeral I remember thinking, 'Why didn't more people say what they knew?' We all knew."

She continued, "We watched 'Being Bobby Brown' ... it was like watching Sid and Nancy ... they were people in the throes of addiction. But all anyone cared about was that the show was getting ratings."

"To look at Lindsay Lohan, you can't help but feel for her ... and I do not think she's untalented, I think she's quite talented."

Selebraties Suck

I don't want either one to die. But please don't bore me with the "poor Rosie" and "haters" lines.

Rosie is a person who has made a living trashing other people. Now she's getting a little Karma payback. She is not a nice person and never cared who she hurt.

happyday

She's totally right, of course, but this is just a nice way to spin it. I think she just meant Lindsay should not play Liz Taylor because she's a terrible actress with no work ethic.

GJ

I agree with Rosie. Every new picture of Lindsey since she has been off probation she looks coked out. Huge pupils. Face often bloated. People need to get her help. This will not end well for her. But only she can help herself.

gossipgirl86

STFU Rosie and check your life!

STFUP

You've said your piece, Rose. Now stop milking it.

Babsdude

Unbelievably rude comments here. Hmmm, wonder why Rosie gets such a rise out of people? SHE'S 100% CORRECT. Lohan is a mess. Just like Whitney was. People are more concerned with Whitney & Lohan's "comebacks" than them getting SOBER. Could Rosie REALLY have a point that Lohan should chillax for a while, get out of Hollywood and get her life together ... rather than chasing after a "big role."?

Laura

I have never commented on this site but this touches me enough I want to. I do not particularly like Rosie. As a kid I used to love watching her show but lately her behavior in the media has been very..crass...she just doesnt come across as very pleasent. However I CANNOT agree more with Rosie about the subject of Lindsay. If she doesnt take the steps to protect her life and keep herself away from enablers she WILL be another Whitney Houston. I am Lindsay's age and struggled with addiction myself. The difference was my family was supportive and encouraged me to get help and supported me. It makes me sick and I truly feel so sorry for her that her parents are the way they are. They should be PROTECTING their little girl...not going to NIGHT CLUBS with them. Shame on you Michael Lohan. And I dont care if Lindsay "wasnt drinking" as her father says. WHO THE HELL CARES?! WHY WHY WHY would you put yourself and child in a position being surrounded by drinking and drugs at 2am in a Hollywood night club? WHY would you so blatently throw this in the face of the judge who spared you jail time on the premise you would take care of yourself and change? Old habits die hard and it is blatently obvious Lindsey struggles with addiction. She needs supportive parents and friends around her. If they truly cared they wouldnt be blinded by their daughters fame and continue to comment on the never ending situations she gets herself into, wouldnt be attending clubs and events with her. They would be BEHIND THE SCENES HELPING HER. NOT running to the media commenting on every story trying to keep themselves and daughter relevant. Lindsay I HOPE you get help. You WILL NOT make it to see your 30th birthday if you don't. I know when you are young you feel invinsible and immortal. I feel so sorry for her she lacks stability and a support system. KUDOS to Rosie O'Donnell for speaking out on this. I just hope I wont have to see this clip played on the news days..or years from now...if she passes on how her death was "predicted". LINDSAY- you can't go on like this. One incident after another is NOT normal. God bless you..get help..and to her parents, shame on you!

RaineeDrops

Why is she criticizing Lindsay Lohan's career when she has destroyed her very own career?

Lindsay at least has a filming gig, what does she have going on?

The only way she can feel powerful and important is to go on TV and slam someone younger then her?

Not always do you have to put your opinion on TV Rosie, you are as bad as Donald Trump, you both think you are all that and that your opinions should be announced from the mountain tops as if you are right.

You are a bully. Just like Donald Trump. Both bullies and narcissists.

RaineeDrops

Do your own inventory Rosie!
Didn't you just get fired?

wingedmonkey

LOL yeah now you are trying to cover that fat arse for what you said earlier!!

YouDontSay

Well said Rose!

Bearcat34

Always funny to hear Lindsay fans claim that she's clean and sober and has been working hard at if for the last couple of years. I'm sorry, the simple fact she's in a bar (drinking or not) proves she's anything but taking it seriously. Lindsay is far from any kind of sobriety. Even being a dry drunk is not sobriety. I could care less anymore if she is sober or not anymore. Simple fact is she sucks as an actress. The fact she has rotting teeth, a bloated face, smokers voice, and can't wear a bra shows she has zero elegance/class/concern for her own health. Drugs have made her look like a haggard 40 year old. She's not the cute little red headed Disney star anymore. She's a gross, wornout looking junkie.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

On all of those morning shows they have people come on and they ask their opinions on current events and topics. It's not like she called a press conference to discuss Lindsay

If you already know you're not going to like the answer, don't ask the question.

Karma

STFU Rosie. Weren't u just hanging upside down in ur living room trying to "heal yourself"? Your shows haven't been successful either so maybe u should focus on u & stop down talkin others! (Ewww I hope she reads this!!!)

Nvts

She is so fat. She should worry about herself not dying of a heart attack.