Mel Gibson to Jay Leno

'I've Got a Little Bit of a Temper'

4/28/2012 7:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0428_mel_gibson_videoMel Gibson spoke out last night for the first time about his epic, profanity-laden, secretly-recorded rant against writer Joe Eszterhas ... and he actually had a bit of a sense of humor about the whole thing.

Gibson explained to Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show" ... that Eszterhas turned in a script for "The Maccabees" to Warner Bros. that was rejected and so Gibson felt his actions were "justified."

As for the 9-page letter Eszterhas wrote to Gibson, Mel joked, "If he put half as much time and effort and creativity and imagination into a screenplay, which he was supposed to write, as he did into that letter ... we wouldn't be having this conversation."

Finally, talking about the infamous tape, Mel joked, "Maybe you don't know this about me, but I've got a little bit of a temper."

Yes, Mel ... we know.

0418_mel_Large-Audio-Launch_V6

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

Karls

I cant respond? Its all new!

Karls

It's Ok I just had to refresh.

Hello!!

Cujeaux

Uncool bunny wants the subject changed from why nobody likes her to something less boring.

Ok - how was Get the Gringo flock? Not a word from any of you offering up rave reviews. Leave it to the marketing genius to put it out the same week as the Avengers. Tee heed, snorts and le snickers!

It won't be long before Direct TV will be forced to give up the numbers. Sparkies to all! *+*+*+

Tellthetruth59

This new format is horrendous and ***bersome. Gringo getting excellent reviews.

And what say you about Travalota's escapades and his "homo jews running Hollywood and expecting blow jobs" comment? He must be blacklisted STAT! ;-)

Cujeaux

Tell I was confused by this poorly written paragraph by a TMZ staffer paraphrasing Travolta's nonsensical statement:

The suit goes on to allege Travolta then masturbated and told the masseur he got to where he was "due to sexual favors he had performed when he was in his 'Welcome Back Kotter' days," adding "Hollywood is controlled by homosexual Jewish men who expect favors in return for sexual activity."

Keeping in mind that Tarvolta is is one of the dumbest dumbasses in Hollywood, who has his lips firmly implanted on Oprah's ass - I'm assuming it was yet another verbal blunder from the blockhead. I'm assuming that he said the reason why he was gay was due to sexual favors he had to perform in order to get acting jobs.

What I don't get is how he became so filthy rich off of a handful of parts in mediocre movies. Did he get paid in addition to getting the acting roles for said favors? He ranks right up there with Gibby of Hollywood actors who's acting is too painful to watch.

kkg

Cujeaux
0 2

Ms. Kathleen: since you have failed to come up with ONE reason why you like Sam - which was your excuse for saying you were 'happy to be on the same page with her' it prove my point in re to what the veiled comment actually meant.

You've come up with reasons why you like/honor Tell, Kelly and others - like the snake in the grass that is LACT, but you can't think of ONE thing you like about SAM. So you've proven my point. The reason isn't exactly PC is it?
7 hours ago

**********************************

Now you've gone from mildly amusing to an irritating relentless nag.

The post was as much a dig at your pathetic need to deride and misquote as it was a shout out to Sam. I used to think you were deliberately obtuse, but apparently the only deliberate thing about you is an endless need to negate others in order to feel superior.

Regarding the word; "honor." I've used it more as a means of fond politeness than an actuality. Sue me. We are all words on a page. None of us truly know each other. But that being said, I have developed a fondness for several of those 'voices' posting those words. And I enjoy disliking others. Mostly the bullies. Among them several who consistently post in favor of Mr. Gibson. Whom I like or dislike and why I feel that way is my business alone. The same holds true for you. Only a pushy fool would insist otherwise.

I'm done with this subject. You might not be, but I really could care less.

Kathleen

Cujeaux

Tell as Bunny ASSumed, they're the same gay Hollywood Jews who bent Gibby over the casting couch *scratch* Oops, I mean wanted the $POTC$ booty all to themselves AYE!

I think you tapped into the reason for Gibby's rage Tell. Thanks for clearing that up.

Cujeaux

COOL BUNNY

Quite the contrary Nelliegoo, just for YOU: I invite you all to discuss why they like or dislike me--however, I think only the Jealous One will be really interested in it...
6 HOURS AGO
---------------------------------------

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz *snort*.

Just thought I would put this out there again in case anyone missed it. No pressure to respond..... Don't want anyone to blow a gasket or anything.........just wake me when she gets a bite. *big sigh*..........

ZZZZZzzzzzz ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Tellthetruth59

Jackie Mason defending Mel Gibson from 2009. LMAO in the last few minutes. Good stuff. He's spot on.

Jack

In our private lives we've all had meltdowns and said some offensive $ h it (much of which we don't mean). Fortunately, our less than sane moments are not recorded and then sent out into cyberspace. (Where it can potentially "go viral" and it's preservation will be assured until the Sun goes supernova). This writer must have known he royally effed up if he thought to take a recorder with him and do***ent Mel's reaction to his ineptitude. Thankfully, Eszterhas decided the fifteen minutes of fame he gets for releasing this is worth more than ever getting work again with a major studio.

John Curiel

Mel is a pycho! He destroyed his own damn reputation, 'cause of what he did to that poor lady.

Lidia

alguien que le diga que lo espero en Argentina, le doy , amor... cuidado.. y todo lo que quiera... =)

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15