Patrick Dempsey's Heroic Rescue

CAR CRASH CARNAGE

4/28/2012 9:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Patrick Dempsey Car Crash rescue photos
"Grey's Anatomy" star Patrick Dempsey's rescue mission in Malibu this week was even more badass than we thought -- just take a look at the scene of the accident!!!

TMZ broke the story ... a teenage driver crashed and flipped his Mustang on the road right outside Dempsey's Malibu home -- and the actor came to the rescue, crowbar in hand to pry the doors open.

Dempsey successfully pulled the driver from the wreckage -- a 17-year-old named Weston Massett -- who tells TMZ, when he opened his eyes, the actor was looking right down at him.

Massett asked, "Are you famous?" ... and Patrick coolly replied, "I'm a doctor."

We're told Patrick called Massett's mother and told her about the accident -- keeping her calm the entire time. Massett was then airlifted to a nearby hospital, and Patrick followed to make sure the kid was okay.

0427_patrick_dempsey_car_crash_photos_hospital
Miraculously, Massett suffered no serious injuries -- just a concussion and a "stretched" optic nerve. He's expected to make a full recovery.

There was also a passenger in the car, Dylan Miller, but thankfully we're told Miller suffered no injuries whatsoever.

Wear your seat belts, kids.

Steve

That's awesome Dempsey.The day before this happened I my self pulled a woman that was badly inured out of a car in the middle of traffic, I saved her life and pushed the car out of traffic before she and her car was potentially hit again. It wasn't in the news because I'm not famous but whateve.

Rice Paper

Awww. So sweet. What a doll. I think "I'm a doctor" was a nice thing to say to someone obviously hurt/concussed and thinking they knew his face - it would have been quite calming. Wins my Nice Guy award for the day.

carol

How about not only wear your seat belts but maybe SLOW DOWN!!! this wouldnt have happened had he been going slower! You have to be going fast to get the car to flip like that.

Mariposa

He did not said he was a Dr. and he does not want any publicity out of this. He is just a great guy doing a great think. Jealously is a B@##!!! Good job Mc dreamy!!!

Liz

Although it's nice that Patrick Dempsey helped this young man, it's not really "heroic." I live on a highway and sadly this kind of things happens in our yard at least once a year. It doesn't make me a hero when I help the people and call 911 - nobody seems to care when I do either. I guess if I were a celeb it would mean something.

Jane

Thank you Patrick for your great rescue!!! You are a fine example of an actor, acting doctor and a MAINE native!!!
You set a great example for all, and especially for us from your home state!!!

Allen

Crazy thing is this egocentric actor probably thinks he is a doctor. Just like he thinks he is a bike racer, car racer, Porsche expert...on and on. These kind of guys drive me nuts...famous, rich...and buy their way into the top echelon of sports as though they "earned" it and not just "bought" it. Somehow I don't think he would have had a "rebirth" as an actor if hadn't had his nose wacked off which he never mentions. Dempsey should try going to community college first before he jokes about "being" a doctor. Yes, I am one and paid the price for it and no, I don't go around telling people I help, "I'm an actor".

katy