Jessica Simpson

FINALLY POPS

Gives Birth to Baby Girl

5/1/2012 10:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Jessica Simpson delivered her baby: Maxwell Drew Johnson
The Jessica Simpson baby countdown is finally over -- because she just gave birth to a bouncing baby girl ... who weighed 9 pounds 13 ounces and measured in at 21.75 inches!!!

The kid's name is Maxwell Drew Johnson -- which is pretty normal by celebrity baby naming standards.

Jessica and her fiance Eric Johnson decided to use the name Drew because it's Jessica's mother's maiden name.

Jess just released a statement on her website ... saying, "Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby girl Maxwell Drew Johnson."

"We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received. This has been the greatest experience of our lives."

0501_simpson_footer2

Lisa

Maxwell for a girl?. Unless they are going to call her Maxie I feel sorry for that child when she goes to school eventually with a boys name. She is going to get majorly teased and it's on the parents not the poor child!!.

carly

Maxwell?! That poor child!

Eddie Haskell

Errr.. Max Johnson?

Tu Madre

Maxwell is her husbands Middle name and it is said that she plans to call her daughter Maxi so short, which is indeed a girls name. Get over it people no one tells you what to name your babies.

Amber

They're gonna call her Maxy or Maxine or something then she's gonna end up getting called Maxi Pad!

rachel

Poor girl. She has a boy's name and she'll probably be called "Maxi Pad" when she's in school

Alice_C

Congrats to Jessica....sounds like she had a healthy baby! Enjoy little Maxi...I am sure she is beautiful!

tween

Eww isnt maxwell a name of coffee or a male name..wow no inspiration to give the child a beautiful name she had 1 and a half yrs of pregnancy to think about it lol

chelchel

Congrad, to u and your man but Maxwell I guess it's it better than Apple. lol lol

LYNDA

Jessica, if you read this stuff, Congratulations to you and your family, it was a very long Pregnancy, glad it's over, hope to see a pic of you and Eric holding her soon, and I love the name!!!!!

paco

that pict looks like Cavillari or whatever her name is with Cutler.

Justine07

Well, I read a rumor that they were going to name her Zinfandel, so this is actually good news. Max would be a cute nickname. I guess she decided not to challenge her sister for the title of Most Moronic Baby Name Ever: Bronx Mowgli - it still makes me laugh, every time.

regina

Maxi Pad...i can hear her being teased in school

Mayu

WTF? Maxwell Drew? First... Only a moron who thinks "Chicken of the Sea" is actually chicken would give their daughter a boy's name... and now what? Growing up you know they're going to call her Maxi pad.

Babs

My 24 yr. old son is named Max and yes especially during middle school they called him Maxi Pad. My other son is Alex and after he was born that became a popular girls name. My daughter Addie is just Addie but that has become rather popular too with Addison being used. Guess it is best just to stick to John, Michael, etc. I hate when boys named are turned into girls names.