Tyler Perry

Madea's Studio Up in Flames

5/2/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0501_tyler_perry_studio_burning_fire
Tyler Perry's kingdom is on fire -- and not in a good way ... the Atlanta studio complex where his popular "Madea" movies are shot caught fire Tuesday night.

According to reports, the three-alarm blaze broke out at Tyler Perry studios shortly before 9PM ET -- and one building had partially collapsed.

The studio sits on 60 acres of land and includes five soundstages, a backlot ... as well as Perry's offices.

There were no immediate reports of injuries, and it's unclear what started the fire.

Studio belonging to Tyler Perry caught fire.
update_bar
9:30 PM PST -- The Atlanta Fire Rescue Department just released a statement, claiming the fire was brought under control around 9:45 PM EST ... just an hour after firefighters arrived.

According to the statement, the blaze was so severe a fourth alarm had to be called.

Thankfully, no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Sounds like either bad mojo gots a hold of him or cash mullah from insurance payouts. First SUV catches on fire a few months ago now the studio he works in goes up in flames. Hmmm.... Anyone else picking up what's being put down?

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Hopefully he takes this as a sign that he needs to stop making incredibly unfunny movies.

DAmPn

I am not surprised. Your decision put Kim K in your movie, is eventually ruin your career. I think it's just began.

Bryan

And not a single F was given about this.

Rufus Greenjeans

I'm sure Tyler Perry's Insurance Agent will be cutting a check right away to be delivered to Tyler Perry's House so Tyler Perry's agents can rebuild Tyler Perry's Empire so he can make more of Tyler Perry's Crap movies.

He sucks, BTW.

myopinion

Sad to hear that...he'll be okay he is insured hopefully he didn't Loose things he can't replace.

Good Luck Tyler

Jeansgeans

I was working at his studio last month. I guess production of his new show will be put on hold. Hope the damage was not bad.

me

What is the goal of posting comments on here, to see who can be the meanest or nastiest person? Every time I come here to comment all I see is mean negative comments...never a nice word.

cheryl

I live in Atlanta. I am sick of hearing about it. It's all over the news here,like that's all they are showing. If anything else had been on fire it wouldn't be breaking news.Ok there's a fire. No one was hurt,so let's move on....Next!

CameronLey

Whats up guys, check out my new site about getting drunk and having sex...HILARIOUS!

www.CameronLey.weebly.com

vics0430

Oh nooooo! GOOD sick and tired of his racist dumb movies!

Kelly

I'm glad. Tyler Perry is a racist. I hope it's insurance fraud.

cheryl

I'm amazed at some of these comments that a white man must have started the fire. I'm so sick of hearing that it must have been someone white that did it because he is black. Give me a damn break. Maybe it was an electrical fire or something like that. But hey it's people like that who keep racism alive in this country. I'm sure he had it insured and no one was hurt. I live in Atlanta,and they broke into my favorite shows to show this as breaking news. Anyone else would have never made breaking news.

digdug

Oh please let this mean no more crappy movies.

ayomagnum

Dont like his movies but not happy his studio went up in smoke tho. Can't hate the brothers hustle...