Tyler Perry

Madea's Studio Up in Flames

5/2/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0501_tyler_perry_studio_burning_fire
Tyler Perry's kingdom is on fire -- and not in a good way ... the Atlanta studio complex where his popular "Madea" movies are shot caught fire Tuesday night.

According to reports, the three-alarm blaze broke out at Tyler Perry studios shortly before 9PM ET -- and one building had partially collapsed.

The studio sits on 60 acres of land and includes five soundstages, a backlot ... as well as Perry's offices.

There were no immediate reports of injuries, and it's unclear what started the fire.

Studio belonging to Tyler Perry caught fire.
update_bar
9:30 PM PST -- The Atlanta Fire Rescue Department just released a statement, claiming the fire was brought under control around 9:45 PM EST ... just an hour after firefighters arrived.

According to the statement, the blaze was so severe a fourth alarm had to be called.

Thankfully, no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

Vgibson

I am sadden by this! I hope there were no injuries! My goes out to Mr. Perry & staff. There's a Senior Citizen home next to it, I pray they OK too!...#allprayedup!

K.C.

So...I hope he quits making movies now! All his movies are horrible, I don't understand why people like them

sPaNkdEnALgAs

Tisk Tisk. That's karma coming back at you for not listening to your audience about Kim Hoedashian being in your flick....

janet

Does Spike Lee have an alibi? lol

Phil

Wonder if he will stop putting out horrid movie after horrid movie now there is no place to film.

Elisha

Good he makes ****ty stereotypical movies anyways eff him

crazy christmas pie

MS. Perry shouldn't have T'd off the GAPF with his diva act when she was stopped the other week leaver her studio. . . .they probably set the fire themselves--heaven knows they know how to get away with it. . . .

Karma

Tyler Perry has more money than anybody he can rebuild.

Leslie

I will be praying for anyone at TPS.

Franci

hope no one is hurt. with that being said...
the roof the roof the roof is on fire. we don't give a crap let the mf burn..................

grannyj

I am an old white woman, but I LOVE me some Tyler Perry. He makes me laugh and I am so distraught over his loss.

Tyler, you might think that you are speaking ONLY to African-American women, but I promise you that MANY, MANY of us experience the same family problems as your characters. Only we are not nearly as funny.

You make me laugh!!!!!

BPull

Story from the Atlanta Journal about the fire. http://www.ajc.com/news/fire-strikes-tyler-perry-1429587.html

feelicks

cant stand 4im in drag w4en 4e plays wendy williams, doesnt rupaul alreay 4ave a talk s4ow. now two men in drag, but i t4ink rupaul looks more like a women t4an wendy, i mean tyler..

web

This is great news.

Babydoll0630

What a shame......../end sarcasm.