Tyler Perry

Madea's Studio Up in Flames

5/2/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0501_tyler_perry_studio_burning_fire
Tyler Perry's kingdom is on fire -- and not in a good way ... the Atlanta studio complex where his popular "Madea" movies are shot caught fire Tuesday night.

According to reports, the three-alarm blaze broke out at Tyler Perry studios shortly before 9PM ET -- and one building had partially collapsed.

The studio sits on 60 acres of land and includes five soundstages, a backlot ... as well as Perry's offices.

There were no immediate reports of injuries, and it's unclear what started the fire.

Studio belonging to Tyler Perry caught fire.
update_bar
9:30 PM PST -- The Atlanta Fire Rescue Department just released a statement, claiming the fire was brought under control around 9:45 PM EST ... just an hour after firefighters arrived.

According to the statement, the blaze was so severe a fourth alarm had to be called.

Thankfully, no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Ashlee

I can't believe all of the judgements and racial things some of you are saying. We are in 2012 and people are still resulting back to the old times. If you dont like Mr. Perry then just go about your day, i mean he is making millions while you're probably making minimum wage. And to those who are being judgemental, be mindful of the things you say. You are not God, he is the only one who can judge.

Margarita

There is a lot of haters out there! The man Tyler is Blessed! Trials and Tribulation will all ways be a part of life , the Father will also see him through this too!

Margarita

There are so much Haters! out there is hard to believe... The man Tyler is Blessed! Trials and Tribulation is a part of all our lives, so glad that no one got hurt! why does this tragic incident have to get the attention of all this negative comments people are posting.. Tyler will see through this too ...

Wendy Crump

Tyler, God does not give you what you can't handle. This is only a test. A test of your faith. The blessing in this tragic situation is No one was hurt. You will be blessed with a better studio. I am so proud of all your accomplishment. I am proud that in one of your studio, you put the picture of pass actors who pave the way for you. May God bless you during this tragic moment. Much love.

John H

I think your racial charged spoofs like how to film black people is insulting and not funny! If you all don't stop this non-sense I'm going to turn your show off for good in my household. You all need some sensitivity training and understand that racial discrimination and prejudice are stil real problems in the country and your ignorant skits like this do not help!!

Eddie Ruth Thomas

I would like to audition for one of your shows. I think I would be a good candidate.

Redsea

I hope Spike Lee is investigated.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9