Usher & Ex-Wife in Court

Child Custody Showdown

5/1/2012 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0501_usher_tameka_court_today_01
Usher and his ex-wife Tameka Raymond have gotten an ultimatum in their custody war -- they're at the Atlanta courthouse trying to settle it, and if they can't the judge is going to lay down the law.

The singer and his ex-wife showed up to Fulton County Court this morning -- where a judge ordered the couple to try and hash out a temporary custody agreement in private mediation.

They've had all morning to work something out -- but if they don't come to terms soon ... they'll face the judge again this afternoon ... when he'll impose a temporary order, deciding how Usher and Tameka will split their time with their kids.

The order will also address child support.

As we've reported, Usher and Tameka have been fighting over their kids for years -- Tameka wants full custody, claiming he secretly uses drugs. Usher has denied the allegations, asking for an increase in daddy time. The couple currently shares custody.

Jack

Come to an agreement with an angry black woman, that's funny.

nof

Even in my own life -

My brothers and I were "props."

Bought into offices/around town for pity.

Told to look helpless and sad.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

If you are a rich man, get yourself a vasectomy or always wear a condom. The laws are definitely stacked against you when it comes to supporting baby mamas and your kids.

jb

Well she trying to get back at Usher for leave her...

CelebJustice

Everyone saw this GOLD DIGGER coming. Why women like this continue to be rewarded in court is beyond me. If they quit forking over obscene amounts of money to these whores, there would be a lot fewer dollar signs (babies) running around.

Bill Leslie

wow - she's totally doing the "mo money" dance fit for Maury.

static

A babe that already had kids from 2 different guys should have been a red flag for my man but you really can't help who you fall in love with can you?
I'm pulling for ya Usher but unless you have a GREAT lawyer you're screwed.

Mia

If she can prove it and she's really concerned about her children, then in their best interest she should have custody, but if she interested in getting back at him through his kids or increasing her child support as the custodial parent, she needs to have a seat!

oldwomenshouldbehave

sad just sad...one minute you're in love and the next, you're sworn enemies....i am scared to love,marry or have kids....

Erika

She is a gold digging *****. You can tell by the picture. They children should be the number one priority, not whether you get your $50,000 in child support a month. She is a disgrace to all women. I don't know why he ever even married her or had sex with her. ugh.

lily

She's such a ho. It would be great if the judge gave Usher full custody.

QE2

If I were Usher, I would insist in mediation that custody remain joint and child support remain the same. Then I would take away her power by offering to have random drug testing for one year. After that the issue is settled--not to be brought up again in court with complete proof of using drugs. Then again, I don't actually do illegal drugs.....

QE2

And any other accusation of drug usage by her in court would automatically be at her expense--for both people.

Gurgle

being largely responsible for the whole bieber situation, I don't think usher should have custody of a gold fish.

Mary Marshall

I KNOW YOU WISH U HAD OF LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER N-O-W!!!! ABOUT THAT WITCH//// ALL SHE EVER SAW IN U WERE ($$$$$$$)SIGNS
PEACE AND BLESSINGS#####