Vanessa Williams

RIPPED By 'Tiaras' Mom

Over Abortion

5/2/2012 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0502_t&t_vanessa_williams_tmz
Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ... especially when that house is an abortion clinic ... so says a "Toddlers & Tiaras" mom who's PISSED Vanessa Williams went off about pageant parents in a recent interview.

FYI -- Williams recently appeared on "Anderson" and when asked about the child pageant world said, "When the child is screaming and saying, ‘I don’t want to do this. I don’t feel like doing it.’ When they are using special juice to get them hyped ... that’s not my world and I would never have my kids do that.”

The comments didn't fly with "Tiaras" star  Wendy Dickey -- aka Paisley's mom -- who says she was personally offended ... and lashed back:

"Posing nude and having an abortion is 'not my world' and I would never have my kids do that ... so easy on the judging Vanessa!"

Dickey is clearly referring to the revelations Williams makes in her new book -- in which she admits she got an abortion in high school ... and explains how she appeared in Penthouse.

We reached out to Williams ... but so far, no response.
050212_vanessa_still

defref

Melanie

If you're gonna put your 4 yr old in a pageant can you at least let them look their age. Wendy choose to let her daughter participate in this show knowing that America is watching. Her lashing out at Vanessa just shows she's feeling guilty about something.

Jo

I'm pretty sure everyone's going to say this but...... She shouldn't sparks to soon about what she will not allow her kids to do. Pretty big chance with what that kids going through with this patent **** she will end up nude on a pole maybe and I'm us there's an abortion or two in her future,poor kid. These mothers are animals.

TH

Dickey says, " Posing nude and having an abortion. I would never have my children do that".

I hate to tell you lady, but you don't "Let" your child have an abortion, they just sneak out and do it. Especially when they are raped by an Uncle. Also when your 18 year poses for Penthouse, you don't let her pose, she usually does it on her own.

This lady is probably in her early 30's and judging by her looks, there is a good reason that she has never posed for Penthouse or had an abortion...

christina

Its clear who the adult is and who is willing to take responsibility for their choices.....Vanessa- your awesome for sharing your story......too bad the mom's of kids in pageants are living vicariously through their kids......its sick!

BB not bb

I didn't read Vanessa's book but I think she wrote those things as confessions rather than to brag about it. This lady is proud of what she is doing with her daughter and Vannessa has an opinion on it. That is no reason to go dragging someone through the mud for their past.

I think this is a vain and petty argument, just like the beauty pageants this lady competes in using her daughter. She is in it it make herself look good and if Vanessa gets in the way, Vanessa is going to be taken down, and not with a tiara but with a low and hurtful blow.

It is all fun and games until it gets vicious and mean, like here. This isn't a competition over who is a better person, but I think despite her rotten past, Vanessa seems to have a better heart.

People parade dogs around in dog shows also, that doesn't mean they are better people because their dog has the best haircut. This is just a vanity show, like look what I got. Who really cares in the end?

Vanessa was in pageants so maybe that is why she felt like she had to speak on it. I don't waste my time with that stuff personally.

fifi

Um, Vanessa made those decisions for herself at ages she was capable of making those decisions. Not remotely the same thing, idiot.

katschy

Vanessa made choices that affected her. Wendy makes choices that affect her child. I respect Vanessa a million times more simply because of that.

Nat

These people are trying to live through their kids. I've seen it first hand with sports parents. Stop making your kids look like $2 hookers. Let them live as children. I can't imagine what these girls will be like when they hit 15.

steve

well its the moms deal not her childs choice an the netowrk that produces this stuff ...dont tell me your not selling your child ...these are all moms desires not the young ones

IMO

This coming from the mother that dressed her daughter up as a hooker! Vanessa made those decision as an adult, on her own, not w/ a stage mother yelling at her, pushing her to do them.

O_o

what kind of an a$$hole s***bag do you have to be to say something like that about williams? you walk 10 feet in that womans shoes, then you get to comment. until then, stfu you ugly fat cow who is living vicariously through her soon to be ugly fat cow little girl...who will in turn live vicariously through her soon to be...oh u get the pic. f*king cows. grrr

Tiffany

One thing has absolutely NOTHING to do with the other. Vanessa simply stated her opinion and stated she would never throw her kids in a pagent and feed them "crack juice". She should not have to deal with her mistakes that she made 20 or 30 years ago being thrown in her face because of an opinion!! GROW UP WENDY!! Im quite sure you did sum crazy things in your teens and 20's if you can even rememeber back that far!

Dusty

This is ridiculous!! Wendy Dickey has absolutely no right to make a comment like that. Vanessa Williams made choices for HERSELF. This Dickey woman is making choices for her someone else, a toddler who is supposed to be looking to her mother to keep her safe and happy. Sounds like Dickey knows she's not doing her job as a mother and got her feathers ruffled cause she got called on it.

TMP

Hmmm. Using your kid to make money. Parading them around in skimpy outfits and basically being a horrible parent vs. making a very personal choice about your entire future and the future of others and posing nude when you're old enough to make that decision. Stage mom's argument is totally invalid. Williams made her own choices as an adult. She is making choices for a child.... kid pageants are stupid and they are obviously more for the mothers who are trying to live vicariously through their kids than it is for the small kids which in some cases don't even have a voice in the matter. Ridiculous. She took two personal things that Williams wrote about and tried to use them to make a point. FAIL.