« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Junior Seau

The Frantic 911 Call

'My BF Just Shot Himself'

5/4/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0502_seau_audio_launch
TMZ has obtained the horrific 911 call placed by Junior Seau's girlfriend moments after the NFL legend shot himself in the chest Wednesday morning at his Oceanside, CA home.

Junior's GF Megan Noderer (below) is so hysterical during the call she can hardly speak -- claiming she had just returned from the gym (around 10AM) when she discovered Junior's bloody body.

Megan Noderer, former girlfriend of Junior Seau
Megan tells the dispatcher, Junior wasn't breathing when she arrived and had appeared to have shot himself "in the heart."

Authorities responded and attempted to revive Seau, but life-saving efforts were unsuccessful. Seau was pronounced dead on the scene soon after. He was 43.

Seau's family claims he exhibited no signs of depression before his death -- but has since donated his brain to be studied for concussion research.

As we previously reported, the manner in which Seau killed himself -- gunshot to the chest -- is leading many to believe he wanted to leave his brain intact so researchers could study the long-term effects of concussions sustained in the NFL.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Eastender

TMZ - that was cruel. As a San Diegan, I find your invasion of privacy very upsetting. Meghan deserves better, as does Jr. And no, Meghan doesn't need to be investigated - that's ridiculous. She didn't shoot Jr.

Jim in LV

I don't buy the "we never saw him depressed" comments by the family. My guess is he financially supported all of them and they DIDN'T want to see the signs.

kent

How did she know he shot himself??? She says she's been gone an hour??? Pls investigate her...she knows something...even if he told her one day he was going to kill himself...she knows something...

Mary

How awful that poor girl

justagirl

My heart breaks for the family. Love to my extended Chargers family. #55 will live in our hearts forever!

Trisha

that is the most heartbreaking call.. poor woman :(((

seducedaltruist

Just another day in the TMZ office - it isn't about the good of the celebrities, rather it's about the bad and it doesn't matter as long as people are getting paid. I doubt there is any moral or ethical considerations given if there is a paycheque associated with it in the end. So Hollywood eh?

amoschristina

I have to say...I also listened, and I too cried my eyes out. But dont get mad at Harvey!! I mean...this can make someone think twice about committing suicide. TMZ is doing their jobs properly...but I think there should be a disclaimer that it is super hardcore

jeff

I refused to listen to it. But something is a little off, she is a beautiful girl. She seems like a great reason not to commit suicide. She won't be single long.

Marinemom

This is awful. Take it off! It's just TOO INTRUSIVE! My heart breaks over this whole thing but posting this is over the line TMZ. WHY do you do this?!

Deelight

I know a lot of people are upset at TMZ for posting this, however the 911 call is through numerous networks as well and available to hear. I did not listen to the call however. R.I.P JR!

tmzsucks

TMZ - you guys absolutely suck for posting this.

pathetic.

bring back recent posts

....I wonder why he did that..there and then..knowing she would be back..how horrible and selfish!

ElisabethIsDisgusting

This is heartbreaking to listen to.

gator_alley

IT'S NEWS....IF U DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T PUSH THE PLAY AND LISTEN!!!!! THAT IS UR CHOICE JUST LIKE IT IS TMZ CHOICE TO PUT IT ON HERE!!