« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Junior Seau

The Frantic 911 Call

'My BF Just Shot Himself'

5/4/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0502_seau_audio_launch
TMZ has obtained the horrific 911 call placed by Junior Seau's girlfriend moments after the NFL legend shot himself in the chest Wednesday morning at his Oceanside, CA home.

Junior's GF Megan Noderer (below) is so hysterical during the call she can hardly speak -- claiming she had just returned from the gym (around 10AM) when she discovered Junior's bloody body.

Megan Noderer, former girlfriend of Junior Seau
Megan tells the dispatcher, Junior wasn't breathing when she arrived and had appeared to have shot himself "in the heart."

Authorities responded and attempted to revive Seau, but life-saving efforts were unsuccessful. Seau was pronounced dead on the scene soon after. He was 43.

Seau's family claims he exhibited no signs of depression before his death -- but has since donated his brain to be studied for concussion research.

As we previously reported, the manner in which Seau killed himself -- gunshot to the chest -- is leading many to believe he wanted to leave his brain intact so researchers could study the long-term effects of concussions sustained in the NFL.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ron

That's pretty much the saddest thing I've ever heard.

Rachel

And, I'm sure the same ones that are complaining about this recording are the same ones that heard it. The reality is, he was famous and if not TMZ then another website would have aired it. It is sad to hear, but let it be an example to anyone who contemplates suicide, that suicide effects everyone around you. Just look at what he did to his mother and how selfish it was for him to leave his body for his girlfriend to find. Being from San Diego, I loved, Seau. But, what he did was a selfish act and now its something that his mother, family, and girlfriend have to live with for the rest of their lives.

Proud2bBlack

Is it possible to shoot yourself in the heart? Usually most reported suicides are in the mouth or the head. How is it that it's to the heart, that's an act of passion of a possible lover or something. I don't believe he shot himself in the HEART. Sorry I enjoyed Junior in the league, but I just don't believe it. Yes she might be hysterical and snot & tears but hell she's in CA, home of the best actresses/actors. I don't trust her performance.

rbarrw

wrong, wrong wrong! I have not heard the tape nor will I. This is private, it crosses the line. what exactly is not for public consumption these days. Pain, hurt, anguish....these are emotions not up for public analysis or debate. Draw a line, please.

average jane

I knew Junior's family but never got the chance to know him . I do know that he was a good man who gave so much to the community. No one can truly understand what happens to someone's mind before they take their own life so it's not our place to judge. My heart breaks for his family and girlfriend. I wish Junior peace now.

wow

Classless, TMZ. Harvey, you should have more sense than this. I hope heads roll over posting this crap. Unbelievable.

niles

I do not believe it was suicide. Another rush to judgement by the police.

CanucksRule

this broke my heart. poor poor girl. tmz, prob best if u take this one down.

Matt

So ****ed up that TMZ posts this. Trashy site and publisher.

Joe B

This Recording should have been left alone

Creed

Does it make me a ***** that I couldn't finish listening to the 911 call? It pretty much ruined my day. I don't think they should post stuff like this anymore...I did before but not anymore:(

coroner

Pretty sure many of us could be organizing a class action against TMZ because of no warning of how traumatic this is, and the mental anguish this has caused... I am a former coroner and mortician, and must say this is more haunting than 18 years on scenes such as this...who ever agreed to post this, (ultimately Harvey) you must not have experienced such sorrow and horror in your own life..., to publicize such an event on an entertainment news page- YOU SUCK!

Dylan

sounded like she was getting F'ed at the start of the tape..she is probably upset that they did not get married yet and she will not get any of his money.

Smokie

So totally sh!tty of TMZ to post this!!
YOU PEOPLE SUCK FOR DOING THIS!!!!

Nunya

It's actually important to get phone calls like this out there to hear what the reality of the situation is. TO EVERY SELFISH PERSON WHO WANTS TO KILL THEMSELVES.... THIS IS WHAT YOU LEAVE IN YOUR WAKE. I know what this woman feels because I have been her. Suicide is brutal to those left behind, get some help and save your loved ones this kind of pain.