'I Like That' Singer

Popped for DUI ...

The One-Eyed Mug Shot

5/7/2012 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

the Houston Summers mug shot
"I Like That" singer Houston -- who famously suffered an emotional breakdown in 2005 and gouged his own eye out with a fork -- was arrested this week in L.A. for DUI ... and TMZ has obtained his mug shot.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, 28-year-old Houston -- full name Houston Summers -- was driving erratically near Malibu Wednesday in an older-looking SUV ... so cops pulled him over.

According to law enforcement, officers approached the vehicle and it smelled of marijuana. When police asked Houston questions, we're told his answers were incoherent.

Houston was then placed under arrest on suspicion of DUI. Sources tell TMZ, cops believe Houston was driving under the influence of drugs ... not alcohol.

The singer was released from jail Thursday. Calls to Houston were not returned.

As for Houston's 2005 breakdown -- the singer reportedly first attempted suicide by jumping out of a window while under the influence of PCP. His friends stopped him, but when they locked him in a first-floor room, Houston gouged his eye out with a plastic fork.

0504_houston_summers_subasset_2003
Houston was institutionalized for a year following the incident. He has since attributed the whole thing to "the pressures of fame."

Nostradamus

Oh that's a pleasant thought. Gouging your own eyeball with a plastic fork. Stay classy TMZ.

just my opinion

so tragic and sad..he looked so fresh faced and young...this story was fodder for illuminati theorists for a while...hilarious when people think that the illuminati was checkin' for that dude.

moral of the story is, drugs are bad. Good luck Houston.

Cognizant _illiberal

I got hit by a car that was being driven by a guy with one eye but he was wearing a glass eye in the empty eye socket as soon as he hit me his brother hopped out of the passenger seat and said sorry my brother has a glass eye after the insurance company tried to place the blame on me I said did you know your customer has a glass eye so they called him then called me right back and apologized and cut me a check for my bills and pain and suffering. seriously this guy has some street cred for poking his eye out with that fork but his song "i like that" sucked

Keksi

Illuminati control most of music industry and he is one of their victims...took his LEFT EYE out,same eye Illuminati use.

Actually people were talking about him so I guess they decided to discredit him completely with this.

Britney Spears is another victim,she is public prisoner,they even got her handler,she cant do anything to gain freedom and most of you just observe her suffering and even think she is just "crazy" girl.

SarahBeebee

I;ve never heard of this guy but... OMG! WOW! He actually looked cute in 2003.

Bridget

I remember hearing about the eye thing, but I didn't know who it was. Scary what a night of drugs can do. Poor guy, he was so handsome before. Hopefully he will get his life back on track after this.

BostonLaw

I know it been 9 years but this dude looks like he aged 20+. This is sad. A plastic fork....ouch. It bends.....the sight!!!

gcb0569

Ick!!!!! They couldn't use an eye patch in that shot?!!?!! I coulda been eating!!!! And......really???.......28????? Seriously?????

Stormy

WOW!! That is a really forked up dude!

two cents

Ewwwwwww

Cool Breeze

I,m having trouble seeing the point here..

RamHead

..."the pressures of fame."
What fame? Who is this guy?
And is one still allowed to drive a car with just one eye? Is there any depth of field with one eye left?

curtycurt

noooooo, you didn't stick a fork in your eye because of "FAME" it was because you were on PCP and tried to jump out a window minutes before. You had no fame to blame this one on. I had to youtube the song to even remember what it was and that I hated it then too. all you need to know is that Chingy is on it.

Susan62509

The cops need to put him on a 5150 hold and yank his driver's license. He's a danger to himself and others.

OooooNooo!

TMZ says: ". . . he attributed the whole thing to the pressures of fame."
So the PCP and pot use had nothing to do with it?
Someone is up to their neck in the River Denial.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments