Parents Org. to 'AGT' Sponsors

Don't Waste Ad $$$

on 'Vulgar' Howard Stern

5/7/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0506_howard_stern_ptp_logo_gettyThe Parents Television Council is seething with anger over Howard Stern's new gig on "America's Got Talent" ... so they fired off a scathing letter to ALL the show's sponsors, threatening them to cut ties or face their wrath.

TMZ obtained a letter -- written by the PTC -- that was sent to a whopping 91 advertisers and commands them NOT to invest their millions with NBC's tent-pole talent show ... because they feel Howard Stern will corrupt America's children with his provocative ways.

In the letter, PTC cites Stern's violent and crude language as reasons to boycott the show, quoting his comments on former "American Idol" winner Fantasia Barrino: "Hey Fantasia, you’re not getting little boys hard. Nobody’s beating off to you. Little boys want boners. They want a Britney Spears or a Rihanna."

The PTC blasts Stern's talent-judging qualifications -- saying he's only an expert at "looking at insecure, naked young women and telling them whether or not they were hot enough to pose for Playboy."

PTC's threats can't be taken too lightly ... the advocacy group targeted MTV's "Skins" and NBC's "The Playboy Club" ... and BOTH were later cancelled -- though neither of them drew the ratings of 'AGT.'

howard_stern_sub_doc_launch
If advertisers choose to cut ties with AGT ...  it could mean MILLIONS of dollars lost for NBC.

So we gotta ask:

harrycontests

I've been a fan of AGT, but I was already planning to skip it this season because of Stern. You just don't put someone like that on what is supposed to be a family-friendly show. I just don't know what Simon Cowell was thinking.

Truth

THIS SH*T IS TOO FUNNY!! CANT BELIEVE ALL YOU NUTCASES ARE GETTING OFF STROKING A 60 YR OLD'S BONER, SRUSLY... OF COURSE STERN WILL TONE IT DOWN FOR NETWORK TV. HE AINT STUPID. I'VE SEEN THE PREVIEW CLIPS HE'S PRETTY TAME COMPARED TO SIRIUS/XM. THE REAL REASON HE LEFT PUBLIC RADIO WAS THE EFFING CENSORS RUINING THE DAMN SHOW SO HE LEFT. POINT BLANK! #TRUTH!!

lily

I can't stand Howard Stern. I will never watch the show now.

Sue

I agree. Howard Stern is vulgar, crude and not at all entertaining.

CJ

I listen to his show and he talks about AGT a lot. He says himself hes very careful about what he says. He kows its not HIS show. Why don't we all wait for at least one episode to air before we all start flipping out.

sternnation.com

I hope his wig falls off during a live show.

Graeme

Howard will bring a fresh take to the comments from judges. Over the past few months, most of the judges on US Idol and the Voice have been very bland and safe with their comments. Howard will have a new take on being a judge and you all have to tune in(at least for the 1st show). If you don't like him after that, then fair enough. He gets a bad rap and you need to at least watch a few AGT episodes to make your judgements. I've listened to him for 5 years and I actually prefer his comedy(Artie increased the comedy 10-fold) rather than the girls that get their clothes off in his studio.

Lindy

Howard Stern is a dirty old man..

Kari

He's always been vulgar. I just am sick of him, so I hope the PTC succeeds.

IceGypsy

First off, I think Howard would be great. He says what he thinks like Simon. As far as inappropriate things he says, does. He does them on his own show, something not meant for children. He's not going to do that on a prime time family show you morons. I don't see BGT touching Rihanna. She's known to not have the best of work ethics.

AmyBee

Howard's the greatest. These prudes will eat sh!t when the rating shoot through the roof. Baba Booey you to all!!!!!

TMP

Stern could get away with saying some of the stuff he said before because he has his own radio station that kids shouldn't be listening to anyway. Amazingly, these parents KNOW so much about a man they can't stand..... anyway, he's not going to be able to say anything really vulgar on AGT... he'll be like a rude version of Simon on American Idol and no one tried to boycott the show because of him. I think these people at the PTC need to get a life. PARENT their own kids and let other parents do what they think is best for theirs. It's kind of like that thing where one group of people ruin it for everyone else. I don't watch AGT, but I know a lot of people who do and they all seem excited that Stern is going to be judging.

Truth

LOOK, SIMON COWELL HAS TRIED IT HIS WAY WHICH IS PRETTY F*CKING LAME. HE'S LOSING RATINGS ON ALL HIS DUMB A$$ SHOWS. THE BRIT HUMOR DOESNT GO ACROSS SO WELL ON AMERICAN TV. HIS OWN SHOW XFACTOR IS TANKING AGAINST THE VOICE SO WHAT DOES THAT TELL YA... NO DOUBT THE NET EFFECT FROM STERN WILL BE A RISE IN THE RATINGS. IDIOTS SAID THE SAME SH*T ABOUT STEVEN TYLER YET 2 YRS LATER HE'S STILL THERE AND NO ONE GIVES A F*CK! TAKE A SEAT. #TRUTH!!

mrmomsuperstar

LONGTIME Stern fan. People simply don't know Howard.

Orlando

Howard is not dumb. This is act 2, go main stream....

Just like Windy Williams.. Her TV show its not the same as in your face, NYC radio Wendy from back in the day, people had to go on the number one station in NYC to break the new CD, like her or not.