Parents Org. to 'AGT' Sponsors

Don't Waste Ad $$$

on 'Vulgar' Howard Stern

5/7/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0506_howard_stern_ptp_logo_gettyThe Parents Television Council is seething with anger over Howard Stern's new gig on "America's Got Talent" ... so they fired off a scathing letter to ALL the show's sponsors, threatening them to cut ties or face their wrath.

TMZ obtained a letter -- written by the PTC -- that was sent to a whopping 91 advertisers and commands them NOT to invest their millions with NBC's tent-pole talent show ... because they feel Howard Stern will corrupt America's children with his provocative ways.

In the letter, PTC cites Stern's violent and crude language as reasons to boycott the show, quoting his comments on former "American Idol" winner Fantasia Barrino: "Hey Fantasia, you’re not getting little boys hard. Nobody’s beating off to you. Little boys want boners. They want a Britney Spears or a Rihanna."

The PTC blasts Stern's talent-judging qualifications -- saying he's only an expert at "looking at insecure, naked young women and telling them whether or not they were hot enough to pose for Playboy."

PTC's threats can't be taken too lightly ... the advocacy group targeted MTV's "Skins" and NBC's "The Playboy Club" ... and BOTH were later cancelled -- though neither of them drew the ratings of 'AGT.'

howard_stern_sub_doc_launch
If advertisers choose to cut ties with AGT ...  it could mean MILLIONS of dollars lost for NBC.

So we gotta ask:

ChrisH

I would rather watch Howard as judge than any of the others. He knows it's national television and he knows where to draw the line. His radio show isn't for kids, but Howard is professional and articulate. I think he will add some really funny commentary to AGT.

Michelle

Again, parents who want the TV to babysit for them... Step up and be a parents, you should be able to control our house.. Or do your kids??

anne10

PTC is right on. Stern is totally offensive and always has been.

Me

OMG.. I am so sick of these women who have nothing better to do than to try an police television shows that kids do not watch !

When are they going to get it through their thick skulls that they, the parents are the ones in charge of what their kids watch on TV. They the parents are the ones in charge of weather their kids watch TV or not. Stop trying to put and end to TV programs that are geared towards adults, and for adult viewing ! Kids dont even know who Howard Stern is.

Yes, I think the PTC was successful in getting "Skins" taken off the air, but they were not successful in getting "The Playboy Club" taken off the air, that show didnt have any ratings, no one watched it cause it sucked.

The PTC needs to turn off their TV's, change the channels. Better yet, the PTC, needs to just throw out their TV's if they dont like what's being broadcast, stop trying to police the rest of us, and the rest of the worlds families !!

The PTC should worry about "Toddlers and Tieras", and leave the rest of the programs alone !!

I'm so sick of hearing about the PTC !!

all about the money

Actually should be Don't waste Donation $$$'s on the out dated PTC. But I am sure that NBC is thanking the PTC for the free press they are generating for their show. Keep it up PTC eventually you will figure out when you complain about something you make it a bigger hit than if you didn't say anything at all.

sternnation.com

ABC just reported Howards wife Beth will be a contestant on there doing some kind of horse tricks.

LasVegasResidency

Long Live Howard Stern!!

Sadie

I am not interested in what the PTC has to say but I have already decided not to watch. He is so disgusting and has nothing to say I would want to hear. He is sooo crude and disrespectful to women!!!

sagerbomb

Howard Stern is not stupid he knows what his audience demographic is gonna be for the show and he is gonna cater to that...he knows what the boundaries are, hes crossed them all :P I've never watched AGT but I'll be starting this season!!! I <3 You Howard!!! BABABOOEY!!!

Carl

If the PTC is against something then I am for it, even if I was originally against it to begin with.

sternnation.com

I hope his wig falls off during a live show.

Nanny

I am a liberal person who usually disagrees with anything that smacks of conservatism - but this time I agree. Not necessarily for the reason they cite, but just because I dislike Howard Stern so seriously that I won't even watch the show now. And BTW, Steven Tyler is at least a bit interesting...

boz

FUPTC

UNLEVINED HARVEY

hung like a hummingbird

Caleigh

Have all the haters on here actually listened to Howards show? 1st you would need a satellite radio, then you have to pay for a subscription to Sirius, then you could listen or are basing your hater remarks according to what the PTC says? Isn't that a little ignorant?

Howard is going to surprise so many people. He has an eye for talent, AGT has really switched it up, and it should be great entertainment, he is not re writing the constitution, its all pop culture ether you get it or you don't