Sheryl Crow

CHOKES On Stage

"My Brain's Gone to S**t!"

5/7/2012 4:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0_wrb4v7r4_0_7ull1d8m
You can't accuse Sheryl Crow of lip-synching, but you can say her memory sucks -- because she flat out forgot the lyrics to one of her biggest hits during a concert.

Sheryl's epic flub went down during her Saturday night gig in St. Petersburg, FL. Crow was bringing down the house with "Soak Up the Sun" ... when she suddenly brain farted.

In the video ... Crow trips over the lyrics, but like a pro, she keeps going and asks the crowd ... "Oh, what's the words?" Then adds, "It's live! Nothing on tape here!"

Crow smiled and gave the awesome excuse, "I'm 50 what can I say! My brain has gone to s**t!"

And since the song is now looped in your head ... yours has too. Thanks, Sheryl.

campy

Oh yeah, and why else don't like Crow.....Obama's Bank Bailouts. When one of the large banks took a billion dollar bailout and threw a huge company party immediately afterwards....who was hired to play for their party. That's right. Crow. My tax dollars are lining her disgusting purse.

Plumeria

Sheryl Crow had cancer about 3 years ago. Having memory problems after treatment is common. Some call it "chemo brain", but other research suggests it's not the chemo but rather the cancer itself that causes the memory lapses. Have some compassion.

nof

Dangerous link here between age-and-haplessness.

Hopefully Cheryl doesn't really believe it.

-Or she's over.

If you think it's over, it's over.

6one9

Happens sometimes````
So ````` NOT a BFD!

BlindWillie

I'm sure she has choked on many things. . . Ha!

Throwback kid

Hey TMZ scrap this new format and revamp the entire site, it stinks. The site is too busy with too many ads. Take a look at radaronlene, it is much easier to navigate.

KPCATZ

Kids will do that to you,,,,,,,,

elle

Sheryl I had breast cancer and over a year of chemo and i started forgetting right in the middle of a sentence so as i say...."blame in on Chemo" what can you do. keep smiling....

txcn

Here is hoping its just her memory and the cancer isn't back, and hasn't reared its ugly head in her brain.

SheisHot

Sheryl is still a hottie!

IceGypsy

It's what makes a real "Live" performance special. It happened all the time when I went to shows back in the 70s. Usually because they were drunk or smoking something. It makes the show a one of a kind, and I would rather have it that way over a perfect auto-tuned or lip-synced show any day.

Bridget

I've never been to a concert where the artist lipsynced. Good thing, cause I would probibly throw something at em. Pay that much to listen to their CD while they walk around...hell na.

I'd much rather the artist mess up a little like SC and then laugh it off. Atleast she's keeping it real. And little mess ups make the concert a more memorible experience instead of seeing the EXACT same show the rest of the world did.

static

That's just lazy and unprofessional, there's nothing wrong with using a teleprompter if you need to.
She owes the few people who are willing to pay and see her a good show.

campy

She's probably a communist.

trish

Really TMZ? You make me watch a 15 second commercial just to view a 26 second video. Poor taste and bad karma.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments